Latest Patch to upgrade v3.9 to v3.9.1
Patch notes in description.
Unzip file and copy/paste it onto your Prophesy of Pendor Folder and overwrite. You can change the module folder to:
Prophesy of Pendor v3.9.1
The patch file will remain as Prophesy of Pendor v3.9 to keep it simple with copy/pasting the files over.
1. The "hold F1 flag" can't be used together with advanced formations (jkl; like shielsdwall), otherwise selected soldiers MAY start to move backward to the edge of the map. With "advanced formations" use mini-map, "hold this position" and "advance/fall back ten paces" to move groups around. POP's default (build-in Warband's) formations work fine.
2. If "Horse Archers AI" is enabled and during the battle player for some reason gives order "follow me", horse archers may start to move towards the map's edge; ask them to "hold fire" -> (optional: if you want them to fire, then press "fire at will") -> "follow me" and they will obey
3. The new garrisons/prisoners hotkeys - on very very rare occasions, due to improper usage by players (e.g. tries to move stacks that consist 1 soldier), may produce unexplained errors. It have never happened in my or betatesters games, but 2 players somehow managed to break it. It may be due to old game engine.
- "Capture enemy hero" - quest rewards were properly given to the player (shown in on-screen log), but amount of gold was always displayed as "0"
- "Band of Looters" from guildmaster quest are set as neutral to all (so only player can kill them)
- "Raise troops" - Warband bug - money reward was always 1 denar due to wrong syntax "(val_mul, ":quest_gold_reward", ":quest_gold_reward", 7),"
- "Train peasants against bandits" - gained renown was taken from the last battle; now it is calculated properly (3-22 for level 1-62)
- "Village infested by bandits" - gained renown was random 1-10; as now quest is harder renown is increased as well (5-27 for level 1-62)
- troops in Jatu Mercenary Heartbeat quest
- if player kill horse on the battlefield, option "Display a message on player kill" doesn't report that rider was killed
- upkeep in the "weekly budget report" and in party menu should be the same
- if player initiated the battle AI will be able to rescue/capture prisoners
- fixed and updated latest Chinese translation
- corrected more spelling mistakes
- become king -> crown received -> pledge to another king -> become lord -> rebel and start own faction again -> no coronation as crown given already -> player stuck as "Rogue Leader"
- tavern talk with Travelers when player selected some special combination of answers during character creation
- Clarissa of Pent "Maybe next time." option
- player will pay the same sum for "I wish to make peace with the ..." when speaking with kings and lords
- female character can't change outfit/hat of her husband
- dialog when the arbalest is given to the player
- lord paying "0 denars" during "exchange fiefs" operation
- "your armor is ready" message from Alexios (now "... item ...")
- question in the Boadice's intro
- removed few "invalid items" from on-street merchants shops in towns
- Talon Castle sneak in (guards spawn inside walls)
- prison door in Dagon Castle and Castle Alden
- error opcode messages during Snake Stronghold siege; (never seen this error in my games and wasn't able to recreate it, but it may be fixed)
- Tuldar Foltress siege scene
- Ironworks (floating helmet)
- Nal Tar left ladder should be used more during siege
- Fletcher battle scene - attacking soldiers may stack on a rock placed next to the spawn point
- adjusted slightly ladders-walls regions in all three Empire towns
- added inventory box to Singal siege scene
6. Some lords with poor income (no fiefs) were unable to hire enough soldiers to leave walled fief
7. Script "Horse Archers AI":
- should work a tiny bit faster
- horse archers ordered to use blunt weapon should work better
- changed "pos.." as some was used by AI scripts to store values
8. Script "Lancer AI"
- added code to cover all soldiers on foot so they won't use lances (Tournament, Blunt Tip, Double Sided, Light, Heavy, Great, various Long Knights, various Long Cavalry, Jatu Honor, Melitine, Melitine Impaler, Banner of Sarleon) band Black Iron Spear
- it cover field battles, fief sieges/missions, villages fights/raids, lairs fights
- changed "pos.." as some was used by AI scripts to store values
9. Issue with looting of gold bar, noldor goods, various loot - if fallen soldier had special goods and lots of other items in the inventory then: they were impossible to loot or, due to low "score" of these special goods, they were replaced by arguably better items. Changes:
- special goods have higher "score",
- after fight calculate "the max number of special goods possibly remaining on the battlefield" (e.g. player beaten 10 Ravenstern Rogue Knights -> max 10x3 Gold Bars + max 10x1 chests of Various Loot); if:
-- given special goods appear in the final loot, then proceed as normal
-- given special goods don't appear in the final loot, but enemy soldiers carried them, then: take party looting skill and calculate ONE BY ONE, SEPARATELY (from previous example 30 times for Gold Bars, 10 for Various Loot) the chance of the each special goods to be added to the final loot (skill 0-14 -> chance 1%-15%, max 2 pieces each)
- player wants to join siege defenders -> presses e.g. "inventory key" on "Join the battle." menu -> enemies is forced to retreat
- player as mercenary fight against own employer -> relations drops <0 -> player can siege employer's fiefs -> siege successful, no garrison, +X renown -> can't own fiefs as mercenary -> siege empty fief -> siege successful, +X renown -> can't own fiefs as mercenary -> ...
- player become lord of faction_1 -> player relations align with faction_1 -> player can decrease relations with faction_2 independently from "faction_1 vs. faction_2" relations -> no war between faction_1 and faction_2, but player can happily siege faction_2 fiefs, against the will of his/her own king -> as no war between faction_1 and faction_2, faction_2 doesn't try to take lost fiefs back -> player can take fiefs of a faction_2 one by one as no counteroffensive is present (as no official war was declared); it might be possible to start war between two friendly kingdoms which AI doesn't "want" (without reason, quest etc.); now it is similar to options which player acting as a king has - no official war declared, no right to siege
1. *** CHARACTER CREATION
-- persuasion 4->2
-- tactic 0->1
-- power draw 0->1
-- persuasion 3->2
-- trainer 0->1
-- persuasion 3->2
-- pathfinding 1->2
2. Fee for selling diamonds 5%->2.5%
- kings (were only lords so far) will use KO troops from owned walled fiefs
- kings won't exchange their original capitals with player
- if NPC wants to leave walled fief, she/he must have army at least 60 strong (was 70)
- added more info about lords to the Characters reparts (how many fit soldiers given lord has, what is his ideal army size)
- leaders of mercenary parties hired by kings (including player) will appear with full health
- mortal Heater Shield won't be unlockable (for CKO) by Burilgi as Syla already doing that
5. One extra crown will be received during coronation:
- male player can ask his wife to put it on via "Could you reconsider your outfit?" dialog (keep item in your "Household Possessions")
- female player can give it to her husband during standard chit-chat (keep item with you)
6. Female player will pay 50% of garrisons upkeep (which is 25% wage "when in party") in fiefs which belongs to her husband; as a result these fiefs will pay 25% less for garrisons and accumulated wealth will end up in husband's pocket (will have more money to recruit soldiers to the field army or pay upkeep)
7. Qualis Heroes and enemies to the player (relation<0) commanding own armies during the battles
8. The "size of the garrison hired after enemy AI successfully sieged fief" is controlled by "Campaign AI Difficulty" - less capable players can adjust campaign difficulty to better match their skills; number of chances to recruit reinforcements (possibly more units; +50% for towns) --- number of upgrade runs (better quality units; +100% for towns):
-- "Easy": 4---2
-- "Medium": 8---3
-- "Hard": 12---5 (no changes, default 3.9 values).
-- player's faction when she/he act as mercenary or lord will have always 12---5 (no changes, default 3.9 values).
-- player's faction when she/he act as king will have always 2---0 (no changes, default 3.9 values).
9. Added more troops trees to the Reports section.
10. Increased the daily spawning chance of free knights and sergeants in player's fiefs. As a result player should get 250% more knights (but don't be too excited because of this number) and 13% more sergeants.
11. The minor knighthood orders (*** existing ones will stay as the are, but the new ones should follow below rules):
- reviewed equipment which should better match knighthood name,
- foot knights won't get "lances"
- no more pitchfork, staff, practice bow, scythe, very low damage melee weapons
- knights won't wear dresses.
1. *** Inquisition set as "enemy" to: Windriders (-30), Scorpion Assassins (-20) and Noldor (-10)
2. *** Intelligence and charisma of CKO knights and sergeants in line with standard KOs
3. *** NPC
- Qingit Bey riding 5->7
- pretenders mounts received modifiers
- Malik Cuiur -> Lord Seneschal Hakon
4. *** Mercenary Highlander level 20->30, str 15->23 agi 12->16 int 9->10 cha 6->15, prof melee 190->220 bow 100->220, not guaranteed Short Composite Bow + Bodkin Arrows
- Lamellar Armor - fixed forearm area, will match new gloves
- Viper Sabre Scabbard will shown when drawn
- Mettenheim Bolts Quiver will deplete
- Pitch Fork added 8 blunt swing damage as swing animations were set
- Black Iron Spear removed info from item description about swing damage
- Dragonspine Axe - removed info about unused thrust damage
- swapped models between Melitine Horseman Bow and Melitine Army Bow; Melitine Horseman Bow - holster will be displayer when drawn
- Runed Silver Axe value 903->2903
- Light Crossbow diff 10->9
- Gold/Red Magnus Shield diff 6->5
- Jatu Warbeast diff 5->6
- Noldor Spirit Horse diff 6->7
- Desert War Horse diff 4->6
- Throwing Knives weight 3.5->2.5
- Throwing Daggers weight 3.5->3
- Darts weight 5->2.5
- War Darts weight 5->3.5