Get mods on ANY version of SADX with this simple installer!
*The offline package is refreshed automatically every Sunday around midnight (UTC).
This is a setup program that installs the latest version of SADX Mod Loader and its dependencies, as well as Dreamcast Conversion and several other mods, which are sorted and configured automatically!
It includes an easy to use Guide Mode, which shows comparison screenshots to help you decide which mods to install. It can work online and offline, it can even update itself when a new build is released.
The installer can also convert the Steam version of SADX into a fully functional 2004 port with mod support.
Using the installer helps in the following situations:
1) You've just bought SADX on Steam and want to set up SADX mods in the easiest way possible.
2) You're getting started with SADX mods but don't know how to set up the Mod Loader or which mods you want.
3) You've just reinstalled SADX or Windows and need to get Mod Loader dependencies (Visual C++ runtimes, .NET Framework etc.) working properly.
Here are some additional features of the installer:
- It tries to pick up the location of your SADX install automatically, but even if it doesn't you can still tell it where to look.
- The installer will detect your screen resolution and configure the Mod Loader with most common/optimal settings. If you choose Custom mode, you can stil review those settings before installation.
- If the installer detects a modified sonic.exe or CHRMODELS.DLL (old pre-Mod Loader SADX mods sometimes changed those files), it will repair them to ensure the Mod Loader works correctly.
- It will update DirectX, .NET Framework and Visual C++ runtimes. The runtimes installed by this setup program cover the requirements for all Mod Loader mods ever released.
- You can check for mod, Mod Loader and installer updates right from the program.
- If SADX is installed in Program Files, folder permissions are updated recursively to prevent any possible access errors.
- When used on the Steam version, instead of downloading sounds and movies from the 2004 port the installer converts existing assets into formats supported by the 2004 port.
- Imports save data from SADX Steam/DC Collection and patches it to work properly with the 2004 port.
- Includes a replacement for the AppLancher executable in the Steam port that supports Steam's "Play" and "Configure" options for this game.
- A bit of a minor interesting point, the Steam version uses ADX audio for music and voices, which are the same quality as the Dreamcast version for the most part. However, for some reason in the Steam version a few voice clips (mainly related to the options screen) are lower in quality than their Dreamcast counterparts. There are only several files that are affected, and the installer replaces them with higher-quality voice clips from the Dreamcast version.