Revamp Expansion Mod (RVE) A Supreme Commander 2 Complete Overhaul / Total Conversion Mod

Forum Thread
Tear 3 Illuminate Ground Defense IDEA (Games : Supreme Commander 2 : Mods : Revamp Expansion Mod (RVE) : Forum : Mod Ideas and Concepts : Tear 3 Illuminate Ground Defense IDEA) Locked
Thread Options
Sep 21 2015 Anchor

I had this epiphany at work the other day, how awesome would it be to change the tear 3 defense for illuminate faction from the bolt defense to a drone station.

I am referencing mostly stargate in the concept of how it works:
here is a youtube example: Click Here (spoilers if you plan on watching Stargate SG-1)

They would work in a slightly different capacity but I was thinking you could take the "drones" that are by default fired from the UEF Wasp Air unit and change the hue to fit the theme of the faction.

I figure the defense could be a cylindrical type tower that opens from the top and fires a continuing stream of drones the more defenses you have the more drones.

i feel like it should be continues stream with a decent amount of drones being fired but low damage per drone so that when the 5 say per defense or 10 per defense are fired per second they match the same damage as a skullator or a ravager.

but they would be as slow as the missiles from the missile launcher and they would redirect to the units its being fired upon.

I think this would be a very good and unique weapon for the illuminate.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.