Revamp Expansion Mod (RVE) A Supreme Commander 2 Complete Overhaul / Total Conversion Mod

Forum Thread
Revamp Expansion Mod 2.0 Beta 1.1P2 (Games : Supreme Commander 2 : Mods : Revamp Expansion Mod (RVE) : Forum : Revamp Expansion Mod : Revamp Expansion Mod 2.0 Beta 1.1P2) Locked
Thread Options 1 2
Dec 8 2017 Anchor

Please Use this thread to post any bugs or suggestions about RVE 2.0 B1.1

Please only report bugs and balance suggestions mentioning missing features and abilities doesn't help us the mod is a beta so these are bound to be there.

PLEASE READ THE FAQ BEFORE POSTING THANKS

Dec 9 2017 Anchor

my dear overrated

Merry christmas and a happy new year,the mod is the best christmas gift ive received,the mod has yet to play,best wishes.

Dec 15 2017 Anchor

Me and 3 friends had a game of this yesterday and we found that the Cybran aircraft carrier (built in the naval factory) is quite buggy.
For starters, whenever it's pumping out units it constantly spits them out instead of storing them, then deploying them when you tell it to.
Also while it's spitting out units, its movement is very glitchy; "rubber-banding" all over the place, getting stuck, etc.
The Aeon aircraft carrier (XP unit built in the gantry) builds units and stores them and I have yet to see it spit them out.
Due to this bug/issue, it descended into a "who can send the most gunships at the enemy at once" and it just stopped being fun.

The UEF Noah Unit Cannon also seems a bit broken, as almost all of the pods fail to land.
You can have 4 of them firing in the same spot or different spots and very few of the units will actually get to the floor.
I don't know if this is just a case with the T3 units, but it does kind of make the cannon useless other than to distract a few guns.
The Cybran Rift Cannon doesn't seem to have this issue.

Speaking of the rift cannon, the drones it fires move VERY QUICKLY.
It's like they're the robotic version of sonic or something.

T2 shields built out of the land factory can be exploited too. When built in semi-large numbers, they make a small group of units extremely difficult to kill, with the only early game solution being to do the exact same thing or EMP them with a commander.

Also, are the T3 air units supposed to be so expensive?
(this is just a question out of curiosity, as on some maps you just don't have enough room to build enough power to build a decent number of these especially when you play with other people).

My apologies for the wall of text, but I figured that it's best these be addressed in some way, even if they aren't fixed any time soon.
Anyway, thanks for the update as it helped me convince my friends to ply this game again as a break from Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance. ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Dec 16 2017 Anchor
cheesy_fof wrote:

Me and 3 friends had a game of this yesterday and we found that the Cybran aircraft carrier (built in the naval factory) is quite buggy.
For starters, whenever it's pumping out units it constantly spits them out instead of storing them, then deploying them when you tell it to.
Also while it's spitting out units, its movement is very glitchy; "rubber-banding" all over the place, getting stuck, etc.
The Aeon aircraft carrier (XP unit built in the gantry) builds units and stores them and I have yet to see it spit them out.
Due to this bug/issue, it descended into a "who can send the most gunships at the enemy at once" and it just stopped being fun.

The UEF Noah Unit Cannon also seems a bit broken, as almost all of the pods fail to land.
You can have 4 of them firing in the same spot or different spots and very few of the units will actually get to the floor.
I don't know if this is just a case with the T3 units, but it does kind of make the cannon useless other than to distract a few guns.
The Cybran Rift Cannon doesn't seem to have this issue.

Speaking of the rift cannon, the drones it fires move VERY QUICKLY.
It's like they're the robotic version of sonic or something.

T2 shields built out of the land factory can be exploited too. When built in semi-large numbers, they make a small group of units extremely difficult to kill, with the only early game solution being to do the exact same thing or EMP them with a commander.

Also, are the T3 air units supposed to be so expensive?
(this is just a question out of curiosity, as on some maps you just don't have enough room to build enough power to build a decent number of these especially when you play with other people).

My apologies for the wall of text, but I figured that it's best these be addressed in some way, even if they aren't fixed any time soon.
Anyway, thanks for the update as it helped me convince my friends to ply this game again as a break from Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance. ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

No worries man ill look into these at some point.

--

Dec 17 2017 Anchor

We had another game where we found that the Cybran Aircraft Carrier (Naval, T3) only seems to break movement wise when you build the gunship (Kripton?, T1).
It suddenly jerks around everywhere and I even got 2 that managed to get onto bits of land no unit in the game can get to (the mountains on Seton's Clutch for example.

Had another game with air disabled and I could build the Aeon Experimental Attack Drone (can't remember it's name and my game crashed).

Slightly unrelated (ignore this question if you want as it might not be related to the mod), but do you know of something that can open the crash dmp file SC2 made when it crashed?
I kind of want to know why it crashed but can't find anything for Windows 7 that can open them :'(

Dec 30 2017 Anchor
cheesy_fof wrote:

We had another game where we found that the Cybran Aircraft Carrier (Naval, T3) only seems to break movement wise when you build the gunship (Kripton?, T1).
It suddenly jerks around everywhere and I even got 2 that managed to get onto bits of land no unit in the game can get to (the mountains on Seton's Clutch for example.

Had another game with air disabled and I could build the Aeon Experimental Attack Drone (can't remember it's name and my game crashed).

Slightly unrelated (ignore this question if you want as it might not be related to the mod), but do you know of something that can open the crash dmp file SC2 made when it crashed?
I kind of want to know why it crashed but can't find anything for Windows 7 that can open them :'(

You would need to understand C++ debugging to make any use of that file, i had no crashes on my testing are you using balanced AI ?

--

Dec 31 2017 Anchor

I think we were using the RVE AI with different settings.
But like I said, it might not be related to RVE. I was just wondering if there was a way to see why it crashed, but as I don't know C++ there's no point.

Jan 5 2018 Anchor
cheesy_fof wrote:

I think we were using the RVE AI with different settings.
But like I said, it might not be related to RVE. I was just wondering if there was a way to see why it crashed, but as I don't know C++ there's no point.

Try to use balance AI, i haven't tested the other that much to be sure if there the root of your issue.

--

Feb 28 2018 Anchor

I saw Youtube video of this mod.
Youtube.com
What caught my attention is the identification Tier T1, T2, T3 that has in the menu of engineers, beside buttons.
Video was in version: 2.0 / 1.31
Current version Revamp Expansion Mod 2.0 Beta 1.1P2 This ID was removed, the button disappeared and to compensate T1, T2 and T3 tabs were added.
I think it would be ideal to have both, I find the button more practical than the tabs.
So I would vote to have button only, if I had to choose between button and tabs but the ideal would be to have the same 2, very good ID Tiers, I do not know why it was removed, it draws attention.

Another annoying thing to comment, sorry for the opinion on this, but I find ridiculous the terrestrial unit T2 Aeons the mini-colossus please remove this unit, it is a joke of bad taste.
For Colossus was one of the symbols of the technological advancement of the Aeons, the most powerful Terrestrial Experiment Vanilla.
Moddb.com
It can even be replaced by one of the T3 if it did downgrade some of the T3 has mount there, like Uriel, alias is worth highlighting that URIEL unit reminds much of the Obsidian: Supcom.wikia.com
Anyway I honestly did not like mini-colossus.

Edited by: Jack_Jack

Apr 15 2018 Anchor

For some reason, it keeps crashing on me whenever I start a mission?

Apr 21 2018 Anchor
ndamelio22 wrote:

For some reason, it keeps crashing on me whenever I start a mission?

RVE doesn't support Campaign mode.

--

May 15 2018 Anchor

UEF Exp. Devastator Tank have some issues, it sometimes doesn't shoot with main barrel more than that its navigations and turn rate seems odd.

May 25 2018 Anchor
When I build a scientific station the game stops working
Oct 17 2018 Anchor

for some reason, whenever i start up a skirmish game, the game loads for a few seconds before crashing

Oct 29 2018 Anchor
shadowfax91 wrote:

for some reason, whenever i start up a skirmish game, the game loads for a few seconds before crashing

Is your game a cracked copy?

--

Oct 31 2018 Anchor

Hi

I'm experiencing an issue where I place a building for either the command unit or engineer and they just sit there like they have frozen just before starting construction.

Sometimes they will start the construction after a few minutes, other times over 5 mins.

I have tried reinstalling the mod, different settings on skirmish, different maps and different unit/building exclusions and nothing seems to change it.

Happening with all fractions. Seems to affect only the mod added buildings, tho on occasion they freeze out of original building too.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance!

Nov 3 2018 Anchor

Hello, and thank you for your god job on this mod! I have a question : The AI ( Medium) builts a lot of Air units but no naval units, will you change that for a next patch or no? Thank you for the answer!

Nov 3 2018 Anchor

Hi, I've recently started playing this mod and I've been having a great blast playing with the new units and economy and stuff

One question, when I play against AI, no matter what difficulty, they all do the same thing:

They spam units early game, when their army dies they just sit in base and make like 200 tier one energy generators. Then they blow up their own generators and generally don't do anything else?

They will occasionally send attacks, but they NEVER use experimentals, they NEVER use navy, and it just feels as is they're really broken? Is this a known issue or is my version just bugged?

Thanks.

Dec 31 2018 Anchor
koral1541304270 wrote:

Hi, I've recently started playing this mod and I've been having a great blast playing with the new units and economy and stuff

One question, when I play against AI, no matter what difficulty, they all do the same thing:

They spam units early game, when their army dies they just sit in base and make like 200 tier one energy generators. Then they blow up their own generators and generally don't do anything else?

They will occasionally send attacks, but they NEVER use experimentals, they NEVER use navy, and it just feels as is they're really broken? Is this a known issue or is my version just bugged?

Thanks.

Try to use custom balanced AI and increase there resources because the cost of things are more they do sometime stall.

--

Mar 30 2019 Anchor

При запуски Manager появляется ошибка , сразу извиняюсь за кривой перевод:

an error has occurred and you will likely need to restart mod manager . a crash log package has been created in the SC2MM_Crash_Dumps folder on your desktop . please submit this so we can review this and resolve it if it is a bug . the exception occurred in checkforupdates and the full text is below

произошла ошибка, и вам, вероятно, потребуется перезапустить mod manager . пакет журнала сбоев был создан в папке SC2MM_Crash_Dumps на рабочем столе . пожалуйста, отправьте это, чтобы мы могли просмотреть это и решить, если это ошибка . исключение произошло в checkforupdates и полный текст ниже

Не нашёл ошибки в интернете , пришлось писать в техподдержку

Спасибо заранее

Jul 25 2019 Anchor

Hi. I don't know is this a bug or a game mechanics i just dont know about. The problem is that some AI's building have way more hp than mine. For example my mass extractors after all upgrades have 11k hp, while AI ones have over 28k. This is very weird and i dont know am i missing some game mechanics or is this just a bug...

Another possible bug is that AI never uses naval units or interceptors/air superiority planes.

Yet another bug might be that AI have just much more resources than i do. spamming huge amounts of units early game while still having economy 10-20 times stronger than mine (and i'm not new to this game). If this is not a bug, just some game mechanics features it might be a good idea to sum it up in some posts like for example:
- building energy generators around mass extractors increase their efficiency.
- building mass convertors around factories increase their production speed
etc.

There is also a HUGE bug, where units when traveling somewhere would get into water and dissapear. Sometimes after 10 minutes i would notices that all my units from last 10 minutes instead of going to their waypoint would get into water on the way to the waypoint and disappear. Of course without any army AI kills me easly then.

Another thing that needs to be rebalanced is OP unit air defence (one X tier unit > 2-3 tier X bombers). And research conversion is just a joke. You can get 1 research point for 1000 energy... srsly? This feature should be removed or cost should be changed to something like 50k for every research point.

Also Experimental Factories (Gantry) HP is really low in compare to normal factories. I think this should be changed aswell.

Aeon Collosus (T2 bots) after death arent dissapearing after some time, just like if they were experimentals (probably because this is a experimental model)

Cybran AI is making a huge amount of Nitro Tickers that he dont know how to use. So basicly fighting against cybrans is fighting against huge armies of only Nitro Tickers...

Great mod, thank you for making it and still mainting some kind of support and bug fixing :)

Edited by: CzołgMen

Oct 19 2019 Anchor

so is this mod missing?

Oct 19 2019 Anchor

so is this mod missing?

Apr 20 2020 Anchor

ayuda el juego incia pero sigue siendo el juego normal sin ninguna unidad de revamp ayuda quiero jugar este grandioso mod

May 11 2020 Anchor

I've recently played with my friend and we faced with desynchronization problem. We checked game versions, settings in the mod launcher and even made it equal but we still have this problem. One way to cope with it to uninstall mod. I really like it and don't want to play without it (please help T_T)

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.