Return of the Dawn is a TS to C&C1 (Tiberian Dawn) total conversion, aiming to combine the fun gameplay of the original with the more advanced features and graphical capabilities of the Tiberian Sun engine. While March 2010 marked the first appearance on ModDB, ROTD is in fact one of the oldest active mods in the entire C&C community (the original version 1.0, which was more a partial conversion than a true TC, was released in Dec. 2002). ROTD 2.0, released in 2004, was the first Total Conversion for Tiberian Sun, and has received several updates since then.
Return of the Dawn 2.5.
Features of the 2.5 BETA are:
- all weapons have been re-balanced according to the value table Nyerguds gave me (thx for that!)
- New gfx for the helipad (a blend of the C&C1 pad and the TS Nod pad)
- some voxels tweaked (Flame Tank, Light Tank, SSM, Rocket Launcher), some new (Nod bike, Nod Artillery).
- more music in the mod itself, plus I'll upload 2 music packs containing the rest of them.
- some fixes to the terrain (including replacement of the white tiles)
- "New Campaign"-button enabled, some test missions can be played.