An expansion/overhaul mod of epic proportions, with entirely rebalanced gameplay, expanded factions, new gametypes, graphical overhauls, and five new factions; stealth-based Confederate Revolutionaries, tower defense-inspired Atomic Kingdom of China, economy-focused Mediterranean Syndicate, DotA-esque Order of the Talon and spammy Electrical Protectorate.

Forum Thread
Bug Report Thread 2 : Report Harder (Games : C&C: Red Alert 3 : Mods : Red Alert 3 Paradox : Forum : Technical Issues/Bug Reporting : Bug Report Thread 2 : Report Harder) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18
open_sketchbook
open_sketchbook Your Lord and Master
Nov 25 2010 Anchor

Post any bugs and glitches you encounter here.

When we say bugs, we do not mean stuff we haven't done yet. We mean stuff that is already in which is broken. Some people in the last thread didn't know the difference.

Kerensky287
Kerensky287 INCOMING
Nov 25 2010 Anchor

Jammer trucks freeze air units midflight. This includes protocol aircraft.

I mean I could maybe see if air units had their WEAPONS jammed, but freezing them doesn't make a lick of sense. Especially when they are upside-down after a dive bomb.

Nov 25 2010 Anchor

Both of the online games I've played so far ended in mysterious Desynchs.

open_sketchbook
open_sketchbook Your Lord and Master
Nov 25 2010 Anchor

Somebody might have had the broken old build/new awesome build and it caused problems.

Nov 25 2010 Anchor

OK.. Some units have difficulty (as in they can't) garrison the Multicopter.
Wire-guided missile tier 2 and 3 would not fire. The UI beacon was red no matter where I tried to locate it.

Joshh
Joshh The Punmaster
Nov 25 2010 Anchor

OK, Here we go.

* MASS Tank bounding box issue still not fixed. Has been present since 0.9.0.
* Can't garrison Multicopters.
* PE shots have no visual effect. On a related note, the new proton effects are awesome.
* TX units don't asplode violently or cause weird effects on death.
* No Anvil. It was even in the Changelog. Desolator Tower is there though.
* Longbow Mk. II seems to really lag my comp when 4 are onscreen. My comp hasn't lagged yet playing any game I have installed - including when 3 Cruisers all fire at the same spot. Dunno if this is game-related or hardware-related.

That's it for now, although more testing will eventually find more.

Edited by: Joshh

Nov 25 2010 Anchor

Global PAWI array timer shows 0:00 when built.
Force attack with units in Bluejay caused my game to crash. (2 Mortar, 2 Minutemen)

Edited by: Commander_RealWar

Nov 25 2010 Anchor

dolphins can't deal damage to seemingly most water structures.

tested only on soviet refinery, empire docks, soviet naval yard.

it can kill allied naval yard though.

Joshh
Joshh The Punmaster
Nov 25 2010 Anchor

Moar:
* Bolt Holes can garrison vehicles, but you can't select the bolt hole afterwards to evacuate the vehicle.
* Faction-specific veterancy icons haven't shown up yet. Not for Confeds and Imperials at any rate... Did they go in or not? They were on the Changelog.
* Lack of Myeche.

Edited by: Joshh

R3ven
R3ven Paradox Leader
Nov 26 2010 Anchor

Joshh wrote:
* Faction-specific veterancy icons haven't shown up yet. Not for Confeds and Imperials at any rate... Did they go in or not? They were on the Changelog.

This is Ferris' fault for not listening to my thousands of times that they can't work for new factions so I reset them.

Nov 26 2010 Anchor

R3ven wrote:

Joshh wrote:

This is Ferris' fault for not listening to my thousands of times that they can't work for new factions so I reset them.

Wouldn't really say this is my "fault". Sketch asked me to make custom Vet Icons and I did. Whether or not they were possible to implement in the game was irrelevant to me at that point. It's really the engine that's preventing us from adding unique vet icons for more than 3 factions, not me.

Nov 26 2010 Anchor

Not a bug in the game, but a bug in the launcher (or at least, my improvised launcher fix); if you remove 0.91's files, the launcher leads to vanilla RA3. If you keep 0.91's files, it leads to 0.91: You can't actually play 0.92 through the launcher (at least I can't)!

Since I have a Steam version, I don't know how to bring up RA3's command center, saying to do so without instructions for how won't really fix the problem.

Nov 26 2010 Anchor

I have a bunch of visual bugs, but I'll leave them. Until first release comes around it's gameplay we want nice and fixed.

I don't really have any others that haven't been mentioned. MASS Tank box not fixed, Multigunner Copter won't take passengers (and funnily enough, when you try put a dog inside the Copter shrinks!). Oh, and well done on the Jackhammer. I LOVE the effect, the shaking (especially when zoomed in) really blew me away.

go123452
go123452 You don't wanna know
Nov 26 2010 Anchor

Mysterious bug. I have Replay Browser instead of Game Browser.

--

>.<

Nov 26 2010 Anchor

Space Fold's visual effect NEVER DISAPPEARS! Its effect stops working, but the animation never vanishes!

RighteousFighter
RighteousFighter not willing to give up
Nov 26 2010 Anchor

The new confe derate AI doesn't work properly. It only built an second dozer and then stopped there

also, no piledrivers were found

Not sure of irt but when I used the resonance jackhammer, the game crashed, when an assault lander was about to die to it.

other things about assault lander:
-There is no slots to tell you how many units are in an assault lander
-infantry cannot be loaded into assault landers

Edited by: RighteousFighter

Nov 26 2010 Anchor

I have the German Version of Red Alert 3 and I cant build the
Anvil and make no things it jist starts and I play normal also The
Confederates (If I select a Unit) Can Attack themselves it comes the
attack button when I scroll over one of my buildings!And a lot of
Confederates Protocols doesnt go why?
Would be great if you can figs the bugs for the German version :)

Have I do anything wrong because I deleted the PAradox 0.92 Folder and add the 0.93???

Nov 26 2010 Anchor

Does the PAWI array work? I tested it in skirmish, and the AI was able to shoot my units, after I used the PAWI array on them, despite the fact there were no detectors (peacekeepers) and they weren't even firing, but moving! Tried with both infantry and vehicles.

I do love the Resonance Jackhammer and the Pumpjack Tower though, great job!

(Side note: do the new camera angles mean we need all new pictures in the wiki XD)

Kerensky287
Kerensky287 INCOMING
Nov 26 2010 Anchor

go123452 wrote: Mysterious bug. I have Replay Browser instead of Game Browser.

Update your game to 1.12.

That bug is unrelated to Paradox, it's an RA3 thing.

Nov 26 2010 Anchor

Resonance Jackhammer does 0 damage against civilian structures.
Take and Hold objectives, albeit invincible, still take damage

Nov 26 2010 Anchor

Minute men when killed don't sink into ground and disappear, they now just stay dead on the ground giving infinite reveal on their bodies.

Nov 26 2010 Anchor

My friend reported that his Burst Drones just got stuck in his Barracks after he built them and couldn't move.

Nov 26 2010 Anchor

Someone wrote: Minute men when killed don't sink into ground and disappear, they now just stay dead on the ground giving infinite reveal on their bodies.

Even better, sometimes if they are killed while moving their body will zip alonng the ground and provide sight despite being dead. Definitley a bug, but hilarious to watch.

GriffinZ
GriffinZ I like puppies :D
Nov 26 2010 Anchor

the assualt striker can't attack at all

yes I did garrison it

Nov 26 2010 Anchor

hm..on my supperr laggy computer, it was like watching a slideshow...

- The Rosen Bridging Tank's main weapon only has the effect..no damage to Confed Conyard, whatsoever. And it can't teleport.
- When you garrison the new Allied infantry (I believe it's the Rifleman) into a multigunner turret, the model stays default and it can't shoot. Luckily, i got him (her) out.

Also, the Proton Collider's power req. is 0. That was like, :O

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.