IqeBrowser is a program to browse IQE, IQM (Inter-Quake Model format) and many other 3D models. Any 3D model can be saved as IQM (a binary format) or IQE (a text format) file. Some model processing tools are integrated to resize, shift, rotate, reskin ... the model and also to create/ modify skeletons or animations. IqeBrowser is ready to use for a windows system. Source is included.
Highlights of the V2.15 is a triangle recduction tool, animation export/import, pimped file browser, ....
The updates of IqeBroswer V2.15 are:
Main window/File browser
- Saveing a file with IeqBrowser into the directory shown by the 'file browser', the 'file browser' display is refreshed.
- 3d model files can be droped with the file manger to the 'file browser'. The model is displayed and the 'file browser' displays the direcory where the model is located.
- Typing a character, a digit or one of the characters _-+. will selected the next entry in the filebrowser beginning with this character.
- If IqeBroswer is associated to a file extension to open 3d Files, a mouse double click on such a file opens an IqeBroswer application to show this file.
Added: If there is alredy an IqeBroswer open with this one shows the double clicked file.
- Added a 'delete file', 'refresh view' and 'up one dirctory' button.
- Joints with a name starting with 'tag:' (lower or uppercase) are drawn with a tag visualsation.
This visualize the orientation of the joint.
- Dialog Tools/Skeletons/Edit joints
* Added small reset buttons to numeric joint data input elements.
* Deleting or adding joints, the animation data is modified too.
Before, all animation data was deleted.
* For a joints name starting with 'tag:' angle input is allowed.
- Dialog Tools/Display/Additions
Tags are joints beginning with the characters ‚Tag:‘. Game code will use this to
equip the model with weapons, shields, helmets, ...
Use this dialog to show specfic models positioned to named tags. Each model with a tag named here will show the associated model specified here.
- Dialog Tools/Animation/Editor
* Extended pulldowns: Reset in this row, Skeleton replicate to this row
also reset/replicate per X/Y/Z component.
* If a row is selected, the key 'control S' will reset the complete row with the pose
data from the skeleton.
- Dialog Tools/Animation/Manager
* Added 'Clone' animation button. A selected animation is cloned as a new animation.
* Added 'Export' Animation button. Export a single animation to a file.
==> Use this to build an animation library.
* Added 'Import' Animation button. Imports an animation. The new animation is appended at
the end of the animation list.
A simplified retraget algorithm is used (see manul).
==> Use to load fron an animation library.
- Dialog Tools/Mesh/Transform
The 'Translate' register has add and subtract buttons.
This buttons add/subtract values to/from the mesh points.
- Dialog Tools/Mesh/Mesh filter
A new dialog.
The 'Triangle decimater' reduce the number of triangles for the current loaded model.
Thereby the texture is resampled (texture size can be reduced too). The example below shows a reduction from 262492 to 2000 triangle faces.
- Removed Kinect10.dll from the IqeBrowser distribution. If there is a kinect installed on the PC, this dll exists anyway.
is a program to browse IQE, IQM (Inter-Quake Model format) and many other 3D models. Any 3D model can be saved as IQM (a binary format) or IQE (a text format) file.
Some model processing tools are integrated to resize, shift, rotate, reskin ... the model and also to create/ modify skeletons or animations.
IqeBrowser is specially tailored for the Ryzom Assets (see below).
IqeBrowser is ready to use for a windows system.
Source is included.
IqeBrowser is created by Robert Reinhard (see Moddb.com).
Please send feedback or feature requests to me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Browse through the file system and shows IQE and IQM files as 3D models.
Open Asset Import Library (short name: Assimp) is used to view more then 40 other 3d model formats.
- Each viewed model can be exported as IQM (a binary format), IQE (a text format) file or OBJ
(wavefront object) file.
* Resize, shift or rotate models.
* Reskin models
* Merge multiple models/animations to one model
* Skeleton modification, creation, load, save
* Animation modification, creation
* Timline editor with keyflags
* Plots of position, angles or sizes
* Kinect V1 support with realtime retarget and recording of animations
* Model creator based on meta balls.
- The settings of checkboxes, values, ... are remembered.
- Positions and size of main and tools windows are remembered and reused on next oben.
All these assets were created for the commercial MMORPG Ryzom.
They are all free to use under Creative Commons License Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 license.
See media.ryzom.com for the original source.
The files in this repository have been converted from the original 3ds Max files
using various scripts and some manual labor by Tor Andersson.