Sometimes the world doesn't need another hero. It needs a monster.
A mod by DBThanatos & Michaelis
Based on the game Quake Champions by id software
WHAT IS THIS?
“QC: Doom Edition” is a mod that brings the weapons from the latest Quake game, into Doom, with delicious pixelated flavor. More than just weapons, it also brings the “Champions” mechanic -- different player classes, each one with unique status, speed, active and passive abilities
Yes, there is, in September 14th. If you don't know what that is, here's a video I made for last time.
And because of that, it was important to us to release an update before it, fixing some small bugs that could be detrimental for the competitive experience AND the spectating experience, like not being able to see which Tarot cards Painkiller picked, or when VorMatur blinded the player you are watching.
There are some balance issues and QoL items addressed too, along with a new optional addon for competitive play "PvP Visibility". It further decreases the opacity of explosions (RL and TB) and completely removes the blood that would appear when you're shooting someone (or you're being shot at), which could make you blind when taking a lot of constant damage.
Some other misc bugs were fixed, like Single Player / Coop hourglasses making it impossible to get 100% items in a map.
QC:DE v2.5.1 Standalone (Full Package)
QC: Doom Edition v2.5.1 (Main Mod Only)
Here's the full changelog. Have fun out there!
V2.5.1 (Sept 05 2019)
- New optional addon: PvP visiblity. Removes blood actors and further decreases opacity of
rocket explosion, trails and tribolt explosions (addon included in main download)
- Galen can no longer shoot after throwing totem for 0.8 sec
- Galen cooldown from 25 to 35 sec in PvP (from 40 to 35 in PvE)
- Kane can resume firing after injection sooner (from 1.5 to ~0.8sec)
- Grayson takes slighly longer to charge up thumper (1/7th of a second longer)
- Sam's minigun primary fire spin-up was pratically removed, making the weapon more responsive
- Inquisitor's ability mirrors that of QC: Duration 5 sec. Absorbs 50% damage (was 85%),
no damage penalty for itself (was 50%), change color palette of his ability to match
that of the actual shield
- Inquisitor lost invulnerability to Duke's FreezeThrower and Grayson's Thumper. He can still however
bounce said shots back with the 2nd phase shield
Quality of Life
- All weapons, health and armor height increased, to prevent jumping-over them
- Daniel's Tarot selection is now visible when spectating that player
- Vormatur's active ability is now visible when spectating a victim of "blindness"
- Decreased scale at which monsters would get additional health from the player count in the server
- Moved up "Last survivor" message in TLMS and FT to avoid it getting too much in the view
- Ability meters are now less opaque towards the center of the screen, for visibility
- Decreased size of LG beam particles when seen from the outside
- Added support for the addon mentioned above, to disable blood when shooting enemies, gibbing
them however, still bloody as always
- Fixed some Cyberdemon/Mastermind classes taking explosive damage from non-specific explosives
- Fixed Railgun's "Overcharge Slugs" taking 2 ammo per shot
- Fixed Painkiller's "demon form" making some Doomguy noises
- Fixed Q4 Makron becoming "frozen" after summoning monsters
- Fixed BFG's "Argent Capacitor" taking ammo when sv_infiniteammo was active
- Fixed PvE world-spawned hourglasses messing up item count
- Fixed Painkiller being unable to use Tarot after morphing during selection
Well, it's that time again! Let's have some duels.
New champion, New gamemode, 2 new maps! And of course, mandatory Friday Multiplayer Release Party!
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.