Sometimes the world doesn't need another hero. It needs a monster.
A mod by DBThanatos & Michaelis
Based on the game Quake Champions by id software
WHAT IS THIS?
“QC: Doom Edition” is a mod that brings the weapons from the latest Quake game, into Doom, with delicious pixelated flavor. More than just weapons, it also brings the “Champions” mechanic -- different player classes, each one with unique status, speed, active and passive abilities
After a couple months of work, we finally are bringing the new stuff in the game.
A new champion:
Three new maps
And a new gamemode for PvE
What are you wainting for? Go download the thing! Even the Standalone "Pacakge" is ready with the update!
See you in the arena!
Oh, and, changelog for the curious
V2.1 (Feb 15 2019)
- New Champion: Serious Sam
- QCDEmaps: New map "Corrupted Station", reinterpretation of Quake Champions' Corrupted Keep
- QCDEmaps: New map "Deck", reinterpretation of various Unreal Tournament's Deck maps
- QCDEmaps: New map "Almost Lost", reinterpretation of Quake Live's map
- New Gamemode support: Elder's Soul. Pick the soul and get unlimited Quad Damage, until you die
- Slight increase in accuracy for MG and HMG in both PvP and PvE
- Slight DPS reduction for SNG and LG
- Considerable DPS reduction for SSG's flame and LG's Static field upgrades
- New system to balance champions in PvE: Heavies take more damage than a medium champ, while light ones take less
- Caleb's passive no longer auto heals. Instead, enemies drop a heart. Upon picking it, heals 25hp and allows overheal
- Freeman's extraction moves player to spawn spot, rather than semi random
- Lo Wang's ability slashes will now cause some damage when they collide immediately with a wall on activation
- Lo Wang's ability cooldown +5sec
- Lo Wang's ability damage reduced by 20%
- Duke Nukem's ability duration -1 sec
- Duke Nukem's ability cooldown +5 sec
- Duke Nukem's PvE damage drastically increased
- Hunter's PvE ability fireballs damage increase 33%
- BFG doesn't stay in PvP even with "sv_weaponstay 1", since it's more of a powerup than a weapon
- QCDEmaps: Blood Covenant, less health by Heavy armor side
- QCDEmaps: Blood Covenant, less hourglasses by Heavy armor side, and repositioned two by RL
- Fixed blood sprites not randomizing properly with SG/SSG in net games
- Fixed rare double death damage number
Quality of Life
- Tribolt explosion sprites fade away much faster
- Rocket Launcher explosion sprites fade away much faster in PvP
- Added QCDE keybind to bring up "champion selection screen" for easy switching in net games only
- QCDEmaps: Added "quickjump" hack for easier jumps in pillars for Blood covenant, Phobos campgrounds, Cure & Furious Heights
- QCDEmaps: Reduced fall height in Morpheus and reduced dynamic lights for performance improvements
- Added "Voice" keybind, which is basically "taunt" but for Gzdoom, where said key doesn't exist
- Additional taunts for: Ranger, Terminator, Inquisitor, Galen, Nyx, Sorgaul, Kane, Bitterman, Corvus & Doomslayer
** "Elder's Soul" details **
This mode is very similar to Zandronum's "Terminator" gamemode which is unsupported directly by QC:DE. Instead,
Elder's Soul is our own take of this mode.
Description: An Elder's soul spawns in the map. When a champion picks it up, they acquire the Elder's powers.
Frag the soul carrier to get 10 frags at once.
Soul carrier's powers:
- Maximum overstack of health and armor when picking the soul
- Massive power, dealing x4 damage
- Said damage power lasts for as long as you're alive
But they're also affected by it's curse:
- All health and armor quickly degenerates
- If you die by health degeneration, you lose 10 frags
- Can't use active abilities while carrying the soul
Additional things to consider:
- The carrier of the soul is unable to pick up Quad Damage or Protection
- If a player carrying Quad/Protec picks the Soul, they will drop the quad/protec
- Carrier's degeneration of health/armor is inversely proportional to the size of the champ.
Heavies degenerate faster, while for light champs it's slower
- Freeman can't use his passive "Extraction" while carrying the soul
- Lucienne's passive "Blessing" doesn't prevent the soul's "stack degeneration" curse
- Blazkowicz's passive "Blitz" doesn't trigger when carrying the soul, due to constant health degen
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
An optional addon by Ivory Duke and Barbarossa which replaces all of the QC:DE pickups' sprites with voxel models.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.