You awaken in an abandoned asylum, with seemingly no way out. You remember nothing about how you got there, or even your name. All you remember is how to speak, even your name escapes you. You wander aimlessly looking for a way out, but every door disappears, every hallway is a dead end, even the windows won't open. All you can do is survive.
"We are all victims of what is done to us..."
- Howard Dully, My Lobotomy
Taking place in what you believe is a recently closed asylum, you find few people alive. You look for a way out, but every way seems to be blocked. You think you're going insane, you forget what you are doing, you walk in circles. You become one of them. One of the few who inhabit this place. Uncover the secret of this asylum, uncover your identity beyond "JC". You must make moral choices throughout your adventure that will ultimately decide where your story goes, and more importantly, determine your sanity. You meet people, they all disappear, except for one known only as "SID".
DEMO RELEASE: TBD
- Original plot with fully voice acted script, in which the moral decisions you make through out the game can turn the story in a completely new direction, and change which map comes next. Some maps will only be playable if you make a certain decision in the game.
- Hopes to keep you on your toes with thrilling combat sequences, and suspenseful environments.
- Features large explorable environments.
- A whopping 23 chapters, with 46 different fully explorable detailed maps.
- Original models and animations.
- A partner system, in which another character accompanies you. However, you don't need to protect them, so don't worry about that.
- Multiple media forms dedicated to delivering the story, including a website, and more to be announced.
READ THE DOCTOR'S LOGS
The "Doctor's Logs" is a website dedicated to painting the picture of what the asylum used to be. Will be updated constantly throughout the development period and shortly after release.
MUSIC BY PHANTOM PHANTOM
Hl2.gamebanana.com - Pistol
Hl2.gamebanana.com - Shotgun
Hl2.gamebanana.com - Smg
Hl2.gamebanana.com - Crowbar
I DO NOT TAKE CREDIT FOR ABOVE LINKED FILES
SCRIPT - 90%
CONCEPT - 100%
MAPPING - 45%
VOICE - 60%
OTHER - 90%
It's been an odd month for me, and due to personal issues, I had to drop Psychosurgery.
Anywho, currently, I'm working on the spiritual embodiment of what's left of this game. Think the same moral decision dynamic, and still terrifying and thrilling, just thrown into a sci-fi setting, with some cool new features added. More on that when I post the modDB page.
Apologies about the lack of information flow, and keep an eye out for the new project.
If anyone really wants to make Psychosurgery happen, I'd still be completely willing to write it. Just message me and we can discuss details.
Graphic Designer, current progress and such things.
New demo release date, music and voice acting.
Script/Voice/Mapping/Space-filling pointless text in the summary line.
Roadblocks, today's agenda, and wanted voice actors.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.