Project Valkyrie is a multiplayer first person shooter developed for the Source Engine. Players suit up in the Valkyrie suit, equipped with a powerful arm cannon integrated into the suit and the ability to morph into a sphere for faster mobility and different attack capabilities. Previously titled Three Month Mod, it was thus named for the amount of time it had taken us on the project. Three months from conception to release. Everything was done simultaneously, from pre-production concepts, to code, to mapping. Unfortunately, due to a delay with the public release of the Orange Box SDK (we couldn't release without it, even though we were already Orange Box!) our initial release had been delayed.
Project Valkyrie Public ALPHA v1.0a RC2 - Client&Server FULL. Install to your sourcemods folder, restart steam, launch Project Valkyrie Public ALPHA v1.0a RC2, hop on a server and play!
Project Valkyrie Public ALPHA v1.0a RC2 - Client&Server FULL.
Install to your sourcemods folder, restart steam, launch Project Valkyrie Public ALPHA v1.0a RC2, hop on a server and play!
Note: there may not be any servers running right now; the dedicated server (on it's own, you can still use the files from this for a dedicated!) (windows, and *MAYBE* linux) will be available sometime near the end of the week.
Release Notes / Changes since RC1 (Nine months ago!!):
- Included a playable alpha of a new map: 3mm_solar - the map is incomplete, there are some areas blocked off, and none of the details have been added yet. We decided to include it not only as a test of the 'flow' but also so there is something else other than just twinbridges still.
- 4 new weapons: Burst Beam, Frost Beam, Homing Missile, Frost Missile - Homing and frost are SUPER missiles - they are handled as a charge combo from burst beam and frost beam, as long as you have at least 5 missiles!
- New team colored effects for team modes - currently only teamdeathmatch is included, CTF does -work- but we haven't created any flags yet. Mappers: check out filter_weapon_type.vmf for not only weapon damage filters, but also CTF!
- New mapcycle system: mapcycle.txt is now a keyvalue system that not only changes game modes, but will also 'restart' a map in a new game mode without having to shutdown and reload for different game types!
- Sped up energy regeneration on the beams / charging system
- New Temperature + Vitals system; currently the info is being displayed in text in the top lefthand corner of the screen.
- Sped up ball boost recharge (less time between boosts now)
- Added new reserve tank; Fill it up for extra energy! - This may become a pickup in the future!
- Great number of sounds have been replaced, both by our own Mike, and some by The Foot Clan.
+ lots of other under-the-hood tweaks, that were made over 9 months ago.