Welcome to Project Reality: Battlefield 2 (aka PR:BF2), a modification for the retail Battlefield 2 multi-player PC game. Project Reality's aim is to create a more realistic combat environment than standard Battlefield 2, and place a greater emphasis on teamwork and cooperation. Most of the aspects of Battlefield 2 that have the capacity to be modified have been tweaked, or completely overhauled, to reflect their real life counterparts, for increased realism. Ballistics have for example also been audited to reflect those of real weapons, including characteristics such as damage, deviation and bullet drop depending on a weapon systems calibre. Since EA and DICE no longer support Battlefield 2 and is no longer being played online, the Project Reality team made PR:BF2 a standalone game. No longer is a installation of Battlefield 2 required and we have implemented our own online account system for online play.
Here's Project Reality 0.509 Server file.
Important Changes and Updates:
1. The use of CP groups is now less liberal than with the initial release.
2. Flag capture timers have been extended and it now takes much longer for flags to go neutral.
3. Server performance should not deteriorate over time.
4. No time limits on Officer Kit requests.
5. Rally Points can now be set every minute (used to be 3 minutes).
6. Anti-Air weapons are now much more effective.
7. Heavy Anti-Tank and Anti-Air kits can no longer be requested at Rally Points (only at APC’s, supply crates, and main bases).
8. A 10 second timer has been implemented that will now kill a player that stays in a vehicle position with the wrong kit or that is not in the same squad as the player that "owns" the vehicle.
9. All jets now have a 30 second warm up time.
10. For a complete list of changes and fixes, please view the Change Log.