Temple Map & Workshop Update Release Notes
An update for PVKII has been released. Server owners please update your servers!
The PVKII classic tw_temple has been upgraded by Schatzmeister, with visually enhanced cave sections, more traps, and a new jump-pad mechanic. Check it out! Major credit goes out to Yanzl for contributing assets for improving tw_temple. Also included are updates to the add-on manager/workshop and misc performance and code changes.
Play with Devs & Testers Day!
Come play with PVKII Devs, testers, and creators on Saturday Dec, 2nd 2017 at 1:30 PM EST/ GMT -5. We'll be playing on the following servers:
Official Server 1 Vanilla Rotation Hosted By Mr. Agent
Slammin' Butt Pirates Servers
Testudo Cohort Vanilla Server
We'd ask that you please adhere to all server rules for the game and on discord, and follow any rules enforced by server admins, developers, or testers throughout the event. Sounds easy, and we'll have fun!
Please see below for a Changelog that details many of the changes in this release. Head over to our Bugs/Support Forums to report any issues.
tw_temple (Map by Crazytalk, Upgrades by Schatzmeister)
- Layout additions and brand new traps!
- Gameplay changes to center atlar room to decrease camping advantage - added four jump pads
- Cave sections enhanced with updated displacements as well as assets contributed by Yanzl
- Updated lighting and particles
te_cara (Map by: Jahhur and Jimonions, Updates by: Lhorkan and Gaz)
- Outstanding issues fixed (missing models, water texture errors, etc)
Add-on Manager/Workshop Updates:
Add-on Manager/Workshop has been heavily improved with new features, several bugfixes, improved UI and more.
- Added enable/disable checkboxes to the add-on list
- Added multi select to add-on list, hold CTRL to select multiple items
- Added “Open in Workshop...” and “View change notes...” into drop menu
- Added support for VGUI modifications
- Added VPK validation on mount
- Added BSP validation for maps
- Added ability to import/export add-on config
- Added option to reset all add-on settings
- Heavily optimized the Manager GUI, everything is much faster now
- Improved Workshop Publisher design
- Manager GUI is now resizeable
- Improved preview image caching
- Improved config saving
- Description markup tags are now stripped properly
- VPK errors are now localizable
- Add-ons that fail VPK validation are now marked as “invalid”
- Removed redundant "Followed" category
- Fixed an issue that prevented misc. Workshop add-ons from being listed after certain amount of subscribed add-ons was hit
- Fixed removed Workshop add-ons being mounted
- Fixed an issue with Workshop maps that bloated the addons config
- Fixed add-ons config being reset in rare cases when add-ons were disabled
- Fixed potential crashes with GUI search & add-on list
- Fixed an issue that prevented custom particles from working
- Fixed misc. issues in Workshop Publisher
- Updated sequence and activity lookup for animations, this cuts the client side animation performance budget by 2/3 (noticeably higher FPS especially with several players)
- Updated version labels in main menu & server browser to follow the new versioning model (0.x.x.x instead of Beta x.x-rx)
- Fixed round start timer not working
- Fixed missing localization string being used for round end screen in Team Deathmatch
- Added $rtnltextureframe as a VMT param
- Archer: Better leather shading (slightly darker), better metal shading (on his arms, should look more shiny and reflective) as well as fixed the diffuse shading
- Improved normal map texture for Gestir's Spear
Join the conversation on the official PVKII Discord! Interact with devs, testers and creators!