This mod will evolve your Max Payne 2 experience to a whole new level, one step closer to its successor Max Payne 3. With new models, weapons, animations, graphic effects, sounds, particles, and so on this mod will improve your good old Max Payne 2 to make it shine again in the next generation gaming.
Hy guys! I'm finally proud to release the Enhanced Edition of my Payne Evolution mod! It's been a looong time I know, but real life hit me hard and I had to prioritize things making difficult choices, sadly I was forced to miss several release dates that I had internally planned, but now everything has settled well and I'm finally able to give you the most polished version of my mod, with the best and most requested enhancements, everything while still struggling with the 15 years old Max Payne 2 engine. :D
HERE'S A QUICK OVERVIEW OF THE MAIN ENHANCEMENTS:
- Automatic ammo collection (weapon "teleporting" on first touch is expected and unsolvable)
- Replacing a weapon now drops the old one (all ammo still disappear, but now one single mag stays)
- New weapons sound system (whole different BT specific sounds for both player and enemies)
- Implemented Last Stand also in the two levels where it wasn't working (Upper East Side and Ending Manor)
- Replaced the Chow Yun Fat skin with John Wick skin (thanks AndersenTheMuss!)
- Implemented shootdodge slowmotion canceling (just press the bullettime button again, exactly like in MP3)
- More last stand surviving speech (with proper subtitles obviously)
- Improved Fal/ColtCommando muzzleflash (closer to the MP3 one)
- Replaced Max's jump sound with hopefully better sounds (still from MP3 like the old ones)
- Ported Marty's bar radio musics (Vinnie have it playing in his parking lot where you escort him)
- Now cough sounds plays along with the cough anim (when near a big fire like in Condemned Building B)
- Improved whirl reload effects (BulletTime reload feels more like in MP3 now)
- Fixed cinematics audio shots (Max's apartment intro have MP3 sniper sound, last level intro have hammer cocking sound, etc)
- New piano play sound (enemy now plays a real recorded custom piano version of MP theme played by a fan)
- Improved shootdodge background noise (falling/slowingdown sound effect like in MP3)
- New mpk first person overlay (I still prefer the old one, but a lot of people complained so...)
- Tweaked bullets speed and BulletTime values to improve gameplay (even cooler slomotions action now)
- Countless of fixes to audio, textures, models, subtitles and so on
- Hud hidden when unneeded (now screeen is completely clear in exploration part of levels)
- Replaced original MP2 musics with appropriate MP3 musics
- Added LOD and Framerate Smoothness sliders to video options menu
3DRealms is releasing a new, crunchy retro shooter called Cultic very soon, so here's a look back at their back catalogue whilst you wait!
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.