Notice: The mod summary is currently undergoing a complete change. Please check back on this later. We apologize for the confusion this might cause for people checking the Mod page without reading this in the past. Things to note about the mod: This is a zombie mod, this means the modification is intended for a more mature audience, as there is plenty of violence. Please feel free to check our ModDB forums and give your own input on the mod at anytime now or in the future. We do check it constantly.

Forum Thread
January 31, 2011 Update (Games : Battlefield 2 : Mods : Operation Dead Dawn : Forum : Public Updates : January 31, 2011 Update) Locked
Thread Options
Jan 31 2011 Anchor

This will be followed up by a long news post showing some screenshots and possibly video later this afternoon or tomorrow, but I thought I'd give a small update here, for those interested.

The bug that has been holding us back for months has finally been found and bypassed. Campaign will still need rebuilding, but we have really started to focus on the multiplayer aspect. I can't go into too much details on it just yet as it is still in a concept phase, but it should add some fun and replayability to the mod. The idea is to allow the player to go looking for objects that he can grab and place to use to help defend against the endless attack of zombies. Currently all we have is explosive barrels and roadblocks. They are destroyable and can also be knocked over if shot by accident. In some cases the zombies can even jump over them, but it slows them down considerably. While grabbing an object you cannot defend yourself from zombies, so you'll need teammates to cover you. We are thinking of making it so that zombies do small amounts of damage to them over time when they run into certain objects, making some objects more reliable than others, but the plan is to make the players want to find a defendable position and hole up there.

We do need more ideas for objects to build fortifications with. So feel free to post your suggestions here. We may not except every idea, but we really want reasonable items that could be used as some sort of barrier or defense.

Well have a good day everyone and expect to hear more either tonight or tomorrow.

- Crazy Soldiers Productions

Feb 20 2011 Anchor

We need a new release~

Feb 20 2011 Anchor

Agreed actually. New release won't have campaign though. We are solely focusing on improving Multiplayer. I need to stop bloody putting off a proper news post explaining what's going on.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.