Global mod for STALKER SHoC, intended to recreate a highly atmospheric Zone with highest possible quality, stability of the game, rich gameplay and loyalty to the canons of the Sci-Fi genre.

Forum Thread
6.9.3 inventory suggestion (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl : Mods : Old Good STALKER Evolution : Forum : OGSE 0.6.9.2 discussion : 6.9.3 inventory suggestion) Locked
Thread Options
OcO
OcO
Nov 24 2013 Anchor

Just wanted to post a quick inventory suggestion I hope you can manage for your next version of OGSE.

I'm a huge hoarder when I play these games. I like to keep every unique/modified weapon and armor I come across + stacks of crap I'll never actually use but hold on to just because. When buying from one of the NPC's if their inventory is large enough that you can't view it all at once you can scroll down through it and click on a single item multiple times to buy it repeatedly. However the player's stash always auto-scrolls back to the top each time you click on a item to move it. So if you need to pull 5x bandages you have to keep scrolling down past all your weapons and armors after each bandage. If possible could you guys make the player's inventory remain in place like that of the NPCs so we can multi-click on items without re-scrolling each time or add a right click option to pick how many of an item we want to move at one time.

I absolutely love 6.9.2 and can't wait for you guys to release 6.9.3.

Nov 25 2013 Anchor

I can agree with you that this behavior is really annoying. Unfortunately, it is difficult to get rid of it. The reset of the scrolling position is caused by the full reinit of items list (remove all/fill again), which, in turn, is caused by transfering an item from one inventory to another when player does a doubleclick. The reason why it is not happening in the trade window is that, after doubleclick, an item is not actually transferred but only placed into the temporary area. In this case the list is resetting only after selling (hitting the button Trade) which actually move the items.

I will see what I can do about this, but chances to fix it are not really great here.

OcO
OcO
Nov 26 2013 Anchor

TY for the explanation. I hope you can figure something out, but if not at least I now know why.

Oct 19 2014 Anchor

A little late, but allow me to chime into this with my own suggestion. Actually a few:

1. If the above cannot work, perhaps a work around? For the first one, a "Unload All" option, which allows you to unload all your guns (sans those equipped) at once instead of having to click on each and having to check if they're loaded or not?

2. Something similar to the Dynamic Quantity Prompt mod for Fallout/Oblivion: Where if you hold shift while you click, you transfer all of that item? It wouldn't eliminate the annoyance described above, but it would reduce it exponentially: example if you want to put 10 potatoes 10 sausages and 10 boar hooves into a container and you're carrying several guns on top of this, you'd only have to put up with it 3 times instead of 30.

3. Has nothing to do with the above, but an option to have gun stats appear in numbers instead of bars? Currently, I find bars unreliable. According to the bars, the M72 is every bit as powerful as the big old cannon that Barkeep rents out to you (forgot what it was called), yet some field testing clearly shows this to be false. Same with the PKM vs MG42: which is stronger per shot? The PKM or the MG42? Or are they both the same (with the MG42 having greater fire rate to boot). If the PKM is clearly inferior in every way to the MG42 why is it rarer and more expensive?

Actually, now that I think about it, here's another suggestion:

Reduce the size of the icons and squares, allowing for more of them in the same space. Like in the optional files for Doom's Mod Merge: Anon Edition

granted, this doesn't eliminate the glitch either, but it does make it far less noticable in that it takes far longer for it to activate.

Edited by: IAMELIPHAS

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.