Obsidian Conflict is a cooperative multiplayer modification set in the Half-Life 2 universe.
It features a large amount of new gameplay features on all-new maps specially designed for the mod with focus on cooperative gameplay, as well as over hundred user-made maps following the same formula.
In addition to that, You're able to play through vanilla Half-Life 2 all the way up to Episode 2, as well as experimental support for cooperative Half-Life: Source play.
- All Source engine Half-Life series games playable in co-op online (Half-Life: Source, Half-Life 2, Lost Coast, Episodes 1 & 2)
- A large set of included custom maps, some in the form of classic combat & teamwork puzzles and others offering extraordinary new gameplay experiences such as cooperative farming and fishing
- New weapons, including dual Uzis, Medkit, Sniper Rifle, the Alyxgun, the Tau Cannon, deployable Manhacks, as well as support for scripted weapons allowing use of weapons from Counterstrike and Day of Defeat Source
- New NPCs, including many from the original half-life such as a fully-functional ichthyosaur, as well as a working mortarsynth from HL2
- Special merchant NPC and related entities, offering gameplay where players can spend points from their score to purchase weapons and map-specific objects
- Many co-op related features, such as a server-side lives system, hud waypoints, player locator, attention & medic calls, and map objectives, as well as players' inventory carrying over between level transitions
- Great support for community mappers, including features like the mapadd system to easily edit existing maps without having to recompile them, as well as tutorials and prefab examples for all of OC's new entities and features
- Support for custom playermodels and custom colorizations on weapons and hud elements
Hello everybody, are you having a nice summer?
For those who aren’t present in our Discord, you might be wondering what happened during the last nine months. Why have we returned to radio silence again?
The answer is simple: we have been busy with our lives for a myriad of reasons, and couldn’t always work on the mod. But while the development slowed down, it didn’t halt the progress.
During this time, we focused more on hunting down bugs and finishing some existing features, as well as restructuring the files in order to begin testing on Steam. “Visible” work like remastering / improving more official maps or implementing new features have been less frequent this time due to the sheer amount of effort they usually require, but work is being done. Between half and two-thirds of the official maps and large parts of the content have already been completed, with the rest being in the works or waiting for someone to work on them.
Stitches, remastered by Spartykins
Finally, a team selection screen, with the briefing on the right side
Nerv, remastered by Maestra Fénix, Dominic and Tau-9
We also have to thank Upset, the developer of Half-Life: Co-op ( a Gmod gamemode that allows playing HL:S with other players ), as he allowed us to use the fixes he developed to solve some bugs the original game had, like the lack of a proper func_pushable entity, or env_laser decals being broken.
Without further delays, our fourth dev blog video ( Turn on captions if you want to know what’s being shown ):
As a closing note, we are still looking for mappers to help us with the rest of the maps that need to be improved, so we can focus on other tasks. However, we accept anyone with the skill and time to help us speed up the development, either by being a 2D artist, a modeler, a sound artist, etc. Don’t think twice about asking us!
Thank you for your support!!
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.