JOIN THE COMMUNITY AND FIND GAMES HERE! ----> Discord.gg
Welcome to the American Civil War: North and South Hardcore Submod. This is mainly a multiplayer submod focused on the improvement and replayability of the ACW mod. Our aim is to bring a more realistic depiction of the battles from the American Civil War through overhauling the battle system. Players with the introduction of 4v4 multiplayer and singleplayer capabilities, will be able to see combined army sizes of 32,000. Through this submod we hope to bring more interesting and diverse armies along with more realistic and dynamic gameplay.
For version 1.7 we have recreated the armies of the Potomac and Northern Virginia. These armies have been recreated straight from the orders of battle, based on the battle of Gettysburg. Beyond that we have recreated at a 1 to 1 scale. Every regiment that was at Gettysburg can be brought at their real life size. Every gun battery, infantry regiment, and cavalry unit that was at the battle of Gettysburg (1863) has been recreated in this mod. Enjoy!
---- Youtu.be ----
Step 1: Have a clean installed of Napoleon Total War
Step 2: Run your Napoleon Total War game one time after doing a fresh install in order to get the games files set up, then once you have booted the vanilla game you may close and continue.
Step 3: Download the mod here under the "Files" tab
Step 4: Place all of the ".pack" files into your "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Napoleon Total War\data" or for some people if maybe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Napoleon Total War\data". If it is not in either of these places, please find where you installed it by going to your steam game, right click on the name of the game, then hover over the "manage" tab, then click on "browse local files".
Step 5: delete the vanilla "boot.pack" file in the "data" folder mentioned above
Step 6: Go to your windows OS search bar in the lower left hand corner of your desktop. Then type in %appdata%. Then find the "The Creative Assembly" folder, inside there find the "Napoleon Total War" folder, inside there find the "scripts" folder. This is where you will place the "user.script" file found in the download and overwrite any existing "user.script" files.
Step 7: YOUR DONE! Enjoy the sudmod overhaul and be sure to read the pdf file found in the download!
Welcome to the American Civil War: North and South Hardcore Submod.
This is mainly a multiplayer submod focused on the improvement and replayability
of the ACW mod. Our aim is to bring a more realistic depiction of the battles from
the American Civil War through overhauling the battle system. Players with the
introduction of 4v4 multiplayer and singleplayer capabilities, will be able to see
combined army sizes of 32,000. Through this submod we hope to bring more
interesting and diverse armies along with more realistic and dynamic gameplay.
- Realistic fatigue/recovery system.
- March troops into battle to keep them in good fighting spirits.
- Cycle troops from the firing line to recover quickly.
- Reworked morale.
- Care about your troops fatigue and fighting position, although they can rout and return multiple times a battle.
- Tweaked experience system.
- Troops must lose troops and make kills to gain experience. A unit with no significant blood lost cannot evolve.
- Emphasis on logistics
- Use roads and proper battle formation to move your men faster while marching.
- Use your faster and cheaper units like cavalry and skirmishers to scout ahead of your units and secure vital ground.
- Balanced artillery and cavalry.
- Artillery kills have been reduced and balanced.
- Counter battery is still effective.
- Artillery and similarly cavalry can run the battlefield without becoming less combat effective, but will still get tired and lose morale.
- New immersive sounds.
- New artwork and quotes.
- and more.
- Created “B” versions of the original maps (Reallocation of deployment zones have players arriving on the field from different positions forcing players to attack the maps terrain from a different angle.)
- All maps “A” and “B” have been made 4v4 compatible - Some maps will load your army facing the wrong way, this is a known bug.
Fog of War
Fog of War makes your enemy army undetectable, all players must scout and gather intelligence as the battle develops to keep up to date on your enemies movements. Any intelligence gained by one player is shared by the entire army. However the fog will lift when you run your units, make sure to walk.
- Skirmishers, Sharpshooters, Artillery, and most importantly Cavalry’s prices have been lowered to make them more accessible to the average player so that everyone has plenty of scouting capabilities.
- This is your most important unit in terms of scouting. The cavalry is literally your armies eyes and ears! Use these units to not find the end of your enemies lines and scare of any enemy artillery that is within their sabre’s reach.
- These units prices have been cut the most. At only 50 gold, skirmishers are small faster moving units that are designed to be the “close range eyes” of the infantry when your cavalry is behind the enemies flank.
- Put your artillery on favourable ground to be able to sight the enemies general movements.
- YOUR ARMY’S MORALE IS KEY!
- Morale penalties have been dramatically increase. Your army starts the game with its dander up but as they suffer through the horrors of battle they will start to give way, keep your army’s morale under control.
- The new morale system will be punishing, however routed units very, very often come back and rally. Keep an eye out and bring rallied units back into the battle.
- Coupled with the new fatigue system, when a unit gets tired it will lose -5 morale, at very tired a unit will lose -15 morale, and at the maximum, a unit when exhausted, will lose -20 morale. (For more information on fatigue go to the Fatigue section)
- Generals are the brain of your army! If your general dies then your men will steal them selfs for about a minute or so around the fact that their general has died. Use this time to maneuver your army into a strong defensive position, for once your general is dead the chain of command in your army will fall apart and your men will almost certainly rout under the confusion.
- If you general for any reason routs off the field and does not return, your army will not fight for a general that will not fight for them. Your army will not get a morale boost as before (if your general were to die), and your units will rout very easily, be careful. Infantry
- Infantry’s morale is arguably the most important feature in the overhauled battle system. Their morale is at its highest when your infantry is in a formed battle line attached to the army, however has your infantry acquires losses and gets tired, the more likely they are to break.
- Your infantry units can rout at as much as 250 men or will break at around 130 men. If supported by a general then units (depending on the quality of the general) can last until they only have 60 men left.
- Artillery is crazy effective in manipulating the new morale system, simply targeting enemy units can cause those units to rout. Although you artillery doesn't get many kills anymore, artillery will become pivotal in routing enemy infantry (bring them).
- Your artillery is affected by the new morale system, but they should for the most part act the same as ever, however if broken watch to see if they will come back to man or retake their guns.
- Your artillery can be ran until the end of time and never slow down, however this doesn't mean that they still aren't disheartened when they are exhausted. Your artillery can be routed with focused fire from enemy artillery.
● Your cavalry is very fragile and their morale can become shaky if not managed. The old civil war joke is “Whose ever seen a dead cavalryman?”. Your cavalry are your eyes and ears, they are not shock cavalry and can be easily driven away by infantry or focused artillery fire.
The new fatigue system is one of the most shocking changes that is feature in this submod and dramatically affects how you must fight your battles and manage your troops. To be safe, march your men into battle, do not run! (Fatigue does not affect your artillery movement speed, run those guys as much as you can to support your advances and defenses)
- There are several stages of fatigue that your units will go in and out of. However the ones you need to be worried about are tied, very tired, and exhausted. These stages of fatigue will affect your units performance. Tired
- This is the first level of fatigue that your units will acquire when ran or engaged in combat for a sustained amount of time. At this stage your infantry will lose -0.30 running speed, -2 charge bonus, -4 accuracy, and -2 melee. Your cavalry will lose 0 running speed, -2 charge bonus, -5 accuracy, and -2 melee. Your artillery will lose 0 running speed. All units will lose -5 morale.
- This is the second level of fatigue that your units will acquire when ran or engaged in combat for a sustained amount of time (however sustain combat very, very rarely can cause this much fatigue effect alone). At this stage your infantry will lose -0.40 running speed, -4 charge bonus, -8 accuracy, and -4 melee. Your cavalry will lose -0.25 running speed, -8 charge bonus, -10 accuracy, and -8 melee. Your artillery will lose 0 running speed. All units will lose -15 morale.
- This is the final level of fatigue that your units will acquire when ran or engaged in combat for a sustained amount of time (however sustain combat cannot cause this much fatigue effect alone). At this stage your infantry will lose -0.60 running speed, -8 charge bonus, -15 accuracy, and -8 melee. Your cavalry will lose -0.50 running speed, -12 charge bonus, -15 accuracy, and -12 melee. Your artillery will lose 0 running speed. All units will lose -20 morale.
- Your units regain their stamina at crazy fast speeds when they are idle. Idle, is achieved by your unit sitting still, meaning not doing anything whatsoever (Tip: make sure to turn off fire at will if you are recovering them close to your battle lines)
- Your units will recover fatigue if they walking. Although not nearly as fast as when they are idle. However, if a unit is tired, but you need to push, have that unit walk and by the time they reach their destination they may be fresh again.
General Changes and Add ons
- Infantry prices around the board have been increased and fix as needed.
- Cavalry prices have been reduced to be more affordable.
- Artillery has taken a support role in this new version, thus their prices have been reduced.
- Skirmishers, as previously mentioned, have been reduced to only 50 gold. This is to incentivize the importance of bringing them.
- Added the 20th MA “Harvard Regiment” - Union 2nd Corps
- Updated the 5th GA Company .A “Clinches Rifles” texture - Confed hardee/zouave armies.
- Added the 2nd SC Cavalry “Hampton’s Legion” - Confed cav/1st Corps
- Removed bugler from all generals staff
- Added a flag bearer to all generals staff
THERE IS MUCH MORE IN THE PDF FOUND IN THE DOWNLOAD, BE SURE TO CHECK IT OUT!