The NAM Team is pleased to announce the official release of the 36th edition of the Network Addon Mod, NAM 36, for EA Maxis' 2003 title SimCity 4. NAM 36 is the result of nearly a year of development, further refining a project that has been continuously going for over 13 years, and adds a considerable number of new features to one's transportation systems, including the long-awaited FLEX Turn Lanes and Draggable Elevated RealRailway Viaducts.
New features in Version 36--September 13, 2017
- New FLEX Turn Lanes (FTL) feature added, providing a more intuitive and flexible alternative to the old Turn Lane Extension Pieces (TuLEPs, now deprecated).
- Draggable Elevated RealRailway (RRW) viaducts added at L1 (7.5 meter) and L2 (15 meter) heights.
- One-Way Road Signalized Intersection and Turn Arrow Project (SITAP) expanded to cover intersections with FLEX Turn Lanes and Road-based multi-tile NWM networks.
- Street Addon Mod (SAM) Set 11 - IndustrieSAM by mgb204 added, providing a new, industrial-style Street texture.
- Draggable Wide-Radius Curve functionality added to all applicable Street Addon Mod (SAM) override networks.
- RealRailway (RRW) FlexTrack functionality expanded to cover additional setups.
- R5 radius Multi-Radius Curves (MRCs) added to the Road network.
- Diagonal FLEX On-Slope Transitions added to the RHW, supporting 1 and 2-level transitions for the RHW-2, RHW-4, and MIS networks.
- R4 and R5 radii Multi-Radius Curves (MRCs) added to the RealHighway (RHW) system, with support for the L0 RHW-2, L0 RHW-4, and L0 RHW-6S netwoks. Overlap ability also added to the ground-level R2 curves for the RHW, allowing for smoother loop ramps.
- Diagonal MIS Connection support added to the One-Way Road Roundabouts.
- Texture glitch fixed with the Euro version of the L1-L4 RHW-6S Type A2 FLEXRamps/DRIs.
- Minor pathing fix to improve zone access on the TLA-7 network in the Network Widening Mod (NWM).
- The compression scheme on the NAM Installer has been changed, making it such that the external 7-Zip SFX layer surrounding it is no longer needed.
- New edition of the NAM documentation started, marking a return to the HTML format used prior to the NAM 31.x releases of 2013. Please note that due to the incredible scope of the mod, and the amount of time to adequately document features, that some sections may remain in an incomplete state.
To install NAM 36 on Windows, run the enclosed file "NetworkAddonMod Setup 36.exe", located in the .zip file, and follow the instructions. On MacOS, open the .dmg file contained within the .zip, and copy the "NAM36MacWrapper.app" file to the Desktop or another directory, and run it to install the NAM.
More details are in the enclosed "read-first-nam36.html" file, and on each platform's respective download pages.
Do NOT uninstall your previous installation if you are an existing NAM user. The NAM installer can detect your previous installation options by reading the folder, and as such, it is safe (and recommended) to install NAM 36 on top of your old version. If you remove the previous install, however, you may not remember exactly which options you had selected, which could potentially cause issues in your cities.
NAM Version 36 requires a retail disc or digital download copy of SimCity 4 Deluxe. Windows copies of the game must be updated to at least 1.1.638 (the version number for disc copies, with the EP1 patch applied). Retail download copies from Steam and GOG.com are pre-patched to Version 1.1.641 and can run the NAM right out of the box. Note that the Origin retail digital copy of the game is not compatible with the NAM, as it remains unpatched and unpatchable. See the Read First document for further details.
Special Thanks: The NAM Team would like to extend its sincere thanks to all the members of the community for their continued support over the past 13 1/2 years the mod has existed.