The National Videogame Museum WAD is now officially released!
This WAD is a near 1:1 recreation of the National Videogame Museum located in Frisco, Texas!
A little back story...
I started working with the museum within a few months of their opening in 2016, and they have become an extremely influential part of my life.
One day, one of the owners, asked if I could recreate the entirety of the museum within the Doom engine for use in one of their exhibits. How could I say no?
After over a year of tinkering in my off time, version 1.0 is finally complete, and available for download!
- MapMaker: GZDoomBuilder
- Ports: Tested in GZDoom & ZDoom. Had some issues in Brutal Doom that I'm trying to iron out.
- IWAD: DOOM 2
- Note: For those of you who played the Beta version of NVMDoom, please note that the Release version has been converted to Doom 2. A LOT has been changed!
- Maps/Content: MAP01 + 2 Secret Maps (The secret maps were added per request of the owners of the NVM)
- Settings: NVMDoom is meant to be played with vanilla settings, but will work fine with Free Look & Jump enabled.
- Gameplay/Difficulty: Tourism Mode contains No Enemies on MAP 01 so you can enjoy the sights. The other 3 Difficulties are akin to normal Doom 2 difficulties.