A Remastered edition of the original, 2009 “Movie Duels 2” mod for Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, with updated maps, models, sounds and various other improvements, to bring the mod into the modern age.
The third update for Movie Duels, featuring a new Saber Combat System.
There actually isn't too much in this update. It fixes a lot of the major bugs people have reported, such as a very slow start up time, which was caused by the higher resolution menus, among a few others like Masters of the Force having an issue with the podium shaft closing too early. This update does however feature a new way to play the mod, thanks to JaceSolaris, and that is the two new Saber Combat System modes, Movie Duels mode, and Advanced Movie Duels mode. A readme is included in the mod folder for how this system works, titled "Saber-Block_Addon_Readme.txt", which will become a tutorial in the near future.
Episode II Duels:
The Count's Retreat
- Added missing textures on the Geonosian ship and rock cliff.
Episode III Duels:
Engage General Grievous:
- Fixes missing push knockback animation for Grievous's animations.
- Fixes some of the mission's camera zooms.
Attack on the Jedi Temple:
- Updated the Skybox in the Temple March cutscene with Mike7704's version to be film accurate!
- Updated the Murals in the Temple March cutscene to be film accurate!
Assassination on Mustafar:
- Added an additional line of dialogue to Anakin when obtaining the Sith Holocron.
- Fixed Nemoidian Seperatist and Shu Mai not moving when near the player.
- Fixed Anakin staring into the wrong direction in the credits cutscene.
Masters of the Force
- Fixed an issue with the platform shaft closing in Palpatine's/Obi-Wan's POVs.
Battle of the Heroes
- Fixes most of the mission's camera angles/zooms.
- Fixes invisible Anakin on the lava river part.
- Fixes Obi-Wan's bugged cinematic animation on the shore of the lava river.
Darth Vader's Redemption
- Updated the Introduction music track with a higher quality mix.
- Fixes bugged animation of Darth Sidious (was set to the sleeping animation before).
- Correct subtitles now appear for both Anakin's and Vader's POV.
- Added missing control panel texture.
- Snoke's Challenge dialogue audio was edited to sync with Noodle's mouth animation.
- Added more characters to the second Legends character selection screen, being Yun, Darth Phobos, Darth Desolous, and the Purge Trooper.
- Added all of Spanki's Jedi Customization into SP Character selection!
- Updated Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM)'s head to have a different hair style, and better facial shaping to more closely match TPM Obi-Wan!
- Added a Widescreen FOV option for usage in 16:9 resolutions.
- Updated the NPC Spawner functionality in the pause menu to have it's own proper NPC selection screen alike to the character menu!
- Updated the Datapad to now use JK2's Datapad appearance!
- Added proper manual blocking to Movie Duels! Simply go into SETUP -> MD MODE and enable "Saber Blocking Mode"!
- Also added an advanced manual blocking mode for those of you who want a challenge! To enable it, repeat the steps above, but now also enable the "Advanced Saber Blocking Mode"!
- Added two new Lightsaber blade options: Return of the Jedi, and The Force Awakens!
- Updated RotS blades to have higher quality textures!
- Updated glows for all 3 prequel blades to use HD textures!
- Added colored blades to all the SFX Saber colors, and renamed the SFX Sabers to A New Hope!
- Changed where the Movie Duels config is stored, it is now placed in your Documents folder, in STARWARS-MovieDuels/MovieDuels/MD (Needlessly long path we know, a future bugfix update will remedy this.)