"Sluggo" did an awesome job with MS 1.1. Besides working on the server stability he fixed several other things in such a short time. Here is a list of all the changes:
- fixed crash on CTB maps.
- fixed issues with golden banana staying 'attached' to dead or disconnected players on CTB maps.
- screen shaking on player connect and improve network performance when first connecting.
- reducted strawberry machinegun damage by 25%.
- fixed nasty random crashes
- the way the scoring for fs maps was being done was overwriting memory inside the Halflife engine,
strawberry team's score was always random as a result.
- removed buggy easter eggs (team and beta testers only).
- fixed a weird crash where skunks tossed by disconnected players would cause server crashes (thanks to bigbird, thing`e` and others for helping me find that one).
- new version of ctb_circus
- added missing moon-ms.wad
- new chimpanzee model
Of course we didn't have enough time for making absolutely sure that there are no more crashes, but this patch is certainly more stable than 1.0.
If you run a Linux server please run hlds with "-debug" on the command line, upload the core files and post the links in our bugs forum, so we can track down the causes more easily.
The mirrors for MS 1.1 can be found in our gamefiles section,right here !