MEC2 is nearing completion with the team finishing up some of the last animations, soundfx, balancing and polish. With that in mind there is a LOT about the UN Peacekeepers that we haven't mentioned, so here is a half dozen unseen units and buildings that the UN has;
- Tank Traps - built in groups of 3 (like the flame turret)
- Balloon-mines - airborne landmines, explode when enemy aircraft fly near, built in groups of 3
- Drone Nest - houses 4 attack drones (similar to the ones the Ark uses) that attack ground and air targets
- Deployable Occupation Point - the UN starting unit is a 1-time occupation point you can deploy anywhere
- Defense Contractor - a dozer which can create tank traps, balloon-mines and drone nest's around it anywhere on the map
Per request, we also have an article up showing the creation of the UN supertank (mentioned last news post) from concept to ingame (with emphasis on the texturing workflow).
MEC2 is also looking for someone skilled in audio wizardry to help us finish up, if you think you can help please hit the link below.
Graphical Bug Fix
Good news for players with older video cards, we have managed to fix the bug that was in our first 2 releases which caused odd graphical issues on some of the units, so bad in some cases that it rendered MEC2 unplayable. The problem only showed up if the shaders were turned off (or very low). This problem is fixed now; all you'll need to do in the upcoming release is set your model detail from high to low.