Middle-earth Extended Edition is a project with the goal of expanding the game with new units, heroes, spells and factions as well as adding unused features existing in the game and bringing more realism to its combat system.
Middle-earth Extended Edition returns with an update focusing on balance changes, bug fixes and also brings GameRanger support.
Before installing this mod, make sure that:
- you have patch 1.06 installed (1.03 and 1.05 should work too, but I cannot guarantee it nor provide support if you are using them).
- you have no mods installed in your game's install directory (those installed in the "My Battle for Middle-earth Files" folder are fine).
- you launched the vanilla version of the game and made sure that everything is working correctly.
To install the mod, please follow these steps:
To play this mod using GameRanger follow these steps:
1) Create a folder named MEE GameRanger inside your BFME 1 installation directory
2) Download Age of the Ring GameRanger patch
3) Place the lotrbfme2ep1.exe file into MEE GameRanger folder and set it to always run as administrator and run it.
4) Click the Select button to the right of the Game Executable field
5) Find and select lotrbfme.exe file in your BFME 1 installation directory
6) Enter -mod ExtendedEdition0.98.big in the Extra Flags field.
7) Click Start Game to see if everything works correctly.
8) If it does, exit the launcher, rename lotrbfme2ep1 to lotrbfme and open GameRanger.
9) Go to Edit > Options, find and select BFME 1
10) Under Location, select Browse
11) Browse to the MEE GameRanger folder and select lotrbfme.exe in it, then click Open.
12) Host/join a lobby and enjoy!
If you wish to play vanilla BFME 1 on GameRanger, simply go to Edit > Options, find BFME 1, browse to BFME 1's installation directory, select the vanilla lotrbfme.exe and click Open.
If the mod's shortcut on your desktop is not working, do the following steps:
If you are using a Linux-type Operating system, do the following to launch the mod:
BFME+ mod team.
LGDA5 mod team.
QFME mod team.
WKK3 mod team.
MathijsRevora and the former Shadow and Flame mod team.
The Third Age Net (and all the authors of the models and textures used in this mod).
And others whose names I may have forgotten...
Names are listed in no particular order.
Support me on Patreon:
Feel free to post your suggestions and report any bugs you encounter via comments or private messages on this site.