The time has come once again, the new version of Mental Omega is finally here. Furthering the Red Alert 2 legacy, Mental Omega builds on what was established by Westwood Studios and expands upon the conflict between the Allies, Soviets, and Yuri's Epsilon, while introducing a completely new faction to the play - the Foehn Revolt - complete with its own 3 subfaction, structures, units, support powers and heroes.
Enhanced with the powerful Ares DLL, a project headed by AlexB to push Yuri's Revenge engine to its limits, Mental Omega 3.3 strives to bring new features to the game while maintaining a strong sense of gameplay balance. Mental Omega 3.3 continues where the first Red Alert left off and branches out into an expanded universe with brand new missions for all factions, with missions for the Foehn Revolt planned for the future.
Mental Omega 3.3 requires files from a working installation of Red Alert 2 & Yuri's Revenge patched to 1.001 to be played. Follow the instructions presented here to get the mod to work properly with your game.
This release includes:
- A complete new faction: The Foehn Revolt
- CnCNet5 compatibility for multiplayer services
- 12 new subfactions with their own unique sets of units
- 52 new single player missions, including a campaign for Yuri
- 28 new cooperative maps for 2 players
- new skirmish/multiplayer maps, around 500 total
- new skirmish/multiplayer game modes, 14 total
- updated visuals & audio
- a new soundtrack, unique for each side (separate download)
Watch footage of a Foehn Revolt subfaction skirmish gameplay to quickly get introduced to the new side:
You can also listen to one of 20 tracks composed by World Beyond as a part of the Foehn Soundtrack here:
Stay tuned for more updates! The ride is not over!