Men of War is probably the best ww2 strategy game on the market, but it lacks most of all one thing: a skirmish mode where you can have huge battles against an AI player. It is a shame that you have so many units available that you can rarely use in the campaigns. Battlefield mode is a unique skirmish mode, more advanced than those you can find in Assault Squad, whose objectives are the following: • Create a challenging single player skirmish with a great variety of battles. • Build a sandbox to allow inexperienced players to set up their own scenario quickly given a prebuilt map.
Download link to the new Beta 3.0 patch. The patch is a standalone version, which means you DON'T have to install any previous version of the mod to play it. NOTE: The download mirror might not be available immediately, so just be patient
*** Delete all previous versions of Global War ***
Unzip the file in the Mods folder of Men of War. If it does not exist, create it and then unzip the mod there. Start Men of War, go to Option, then go to the MOD tab. There look for the mod in the left list, select it and use the arrow to move to the right list. Press Apply.
- Added Japanese Faction.
- Fixed Daimler reinforcement icon.
- Fixed Sturmpanzer IV description.
- Increased accuracy of M4A2 Sherman (also Crocodile and Calliope), Cromwell, Sherman MK V, Churchill, 6 Pdr/M1, Crusader.
- Fixed AI support resources bug of the middle map point.
- Fixed USA 37mm M3 gun tech requirements (it was 10 points, now it's 5).
- Increased P-51 bomb damage.
- P-51 drops its bombs faster.
- Increased Maxson M45 fire rate to equal the M16 halftrack one.
- Increased M1 Browning ammo in the inventory.
- Increased USA machinegunner skill with machineguns and fixed the missing sandbag kit.
- Fixed crash when loading a game versus German AI.
- Reworked AI.