Like, probably, most of you, I have decided to move to win10 (from win7) and that created a lot of problems for me and MCO.
In general win10 works fine for me. It needs better updates control by the user. Especialy for older applications.
Many of you had problems running MCO on win8, win 8.1 and win10. After migration to win10 I was unable to run old 539 on my machines. One with older graphic card crushed when launching a mission with black screen, and the other had a lot of flickering - impossible to play.
Managed to fix project compile issues, but I can not debug the project any more...
All this almost made me quit MCO for good, almost...
After a lot of changes in the code I finally made it to work on win 10.
No more resolution detection, the game will run in desktop resolution and adjust object positions to resolution in logistics screens (mostly buttons at the bottom of the screen for now). Mission is resolution independent from long time ago.
I had to remove almost everything from loading screen... Will add static pic of dropship landing with please wait text, when I find a good one.
Min resolution the game should run is 1024x768.
Min Y value is 768, min X value should be 1024 - should work without problems for 1200+.
I have done many things to improve MCO over the years but its engine is from the year 2000 and there is no point to continue with this engine. The engine was never released with MC2 code.
MCO needs a new engine. If anyone here can help and port MCO to any newer engine please help. With new engine and all the chages I have made, it can be all new game.
List of all changes since 539
- Executioner, Gladiator, Warhammer2c mech speed fixes by Mad Bomber
- Archer mech fix.
- Longtime abandoned Archer model added as Archer2.
- Bugfix - when have multiple mechs of the same type (e.g. 4 Turkinas) - error when adding mech to force group
- Damaged units (over 50%) will search for repair bays first and capture repair bay and repair as a priority.
- Change in corebrain - guard command fix, patrol command fix - 50.0 command tolerance.
- Sensor contact fix - mechs with destroyed sensors sometimes wont see enemy units in visual range, and can make fudge error on shutdown if enemy contacts are around.
- Movepath fix - no move path...
- Loading Screen Changes - everything but static text loading removed.
- Only one FIT needed for logistics screens, offsets are calculated per resolution.
- Editor changes - some obsolete code parts removed, some max vars increased on init.
- Selling mech in campaign will remove it from the game (will not move to purcahase list).
- Code clean-up - resolution changes - no more resolution detection - game will run in desktop resolution and adjust logistics screens to screen size.
NEW ABL commands
- sethelpmovetopoint(vector3d movepoint)
9 more campaigns can be found under "More Downloads", including Original Carver V and Carver V modified with new mechs, vehicles...