What to expect?
What to expect?
- Realistic Mode: This mode was first scrapped for version 3.0 due to lack of features and map locations but now it will be featured in version 4.0. Check the video at the end of this article to get an impression of the mode.
- Bug Fixes: Ofcourse there will be bug fixes again just like in all other releases.
- New Missions: I'll make sure to add a few new random missions, like the bus mission in 3.0, to the Free Mode in 4.0.
- All released Mission Packs: Pretty obvious, all released mission packs will be included in the in version 4.0 so you don't have to download and install them yourself.
- Survival Maps: For the survival lovers out there, we will also add more locations for the survival mode.
And probably more stuff as I can't predict what I'll come up with while working on the mod.
A few weeks/months ago I have been brainstorming about a new gamemode. So I came up with a combination of the realistic mode and the fortress mode: the exploration mode. The concept is simple, the player begins with a (very) small camp. Like a campfire or something. All alone in the wilderness. The player continues by exploring the area around the camp and searching for anything usefull. This can be an old car, survivors or salvage. Salvage can be used to buy stuff with, but we'll come back on that later. The player can also encounter random events, like a tank or a group of bandits. The camp of the player will also get attacked by zombies once in a while. When the player collects enough salvage, he will be able to buy items which will be placed on a pre-chosen location. (I'm not sure about this yet, maybe I'll give the player the ability to freely place objects like in the fortress mode.)
Let's list the things the player will be able to find:
- Cars: Rarerly the player will find a car which he can save in the camp. Only one car can be stored.
- Survivors: A survivor will also be pretty rare to find. When the player finds a survivor he can take him to the camp where he will be placed on a pre-chosen location.
- Salvage: This is used to buy items and upgrades (not sure about the upgrade though). Salvage can be stored in a chest along with other random items found while exploring.
- Random events: As already mentioned, this can be a special infected, group of bandits or any other thing.
Still not sure what more to add to the mode, but when I do I'll let you guys know.
Maybe you haven't noticed, but Left 4 Theft now has a forum here at the ModDB page. You can discuss whatever you want even though there aren't much subforums to post in. Here's a link for those who can't find it: Moddb.com.
Anyway, thanks for reading and stay tracking for more updates!
Impression of the Realistic Mode: