Last Alliance: TW is overhaul mod to Shogun 2. This mod base on stories from Tolkien's books, concretely on war Dúnedain and Elves against Sauron. This still WIP, but now is avaiable alpha with prologue campaign ^^
Recommended difficulty level: Normal
Basic plans for full release:
- New campaign map with Middle-Earth (in final version map probably will be larger than in e.g. Third Age mod)
- New animations
- Units for the most important fractions (like Dunedain, Lindon, Khazad-Dum or Mordor as well)
- Middle-Earth's heroes (like Elendil, Gil-Galad, Sauron)
- New buildings, techonlogies, skill trees and more.
But firstly was published alpha with mini-campaign. Mini-campaign is prologue (and technicaly this is alternative history) to full campaign, with start date in 3255 of Second Age.
Prologue campaign will be expand in future updates. You will see more lands, factions, units, etc.
At the beginning I would like to apologize that from few months I didn't publish here any new article about progress in work on mod. Well, you can say that I'm lazy because even I didn't publish article when v0.1.5 has been released month ago... >.<
Anyway, the next patch will be not too large, but it's just a stop on the road to next large update (where probably you will see elves, I hope ^^). Main goal of v0.1.6 it give you more lands in Middle-Earth to play on them. You will not find new playable cultures, but Numenorean and Haradrim will receive some changes.
Main changes in Alpha v0.1.6:
- 20 new provinces in Gondor, Enedwaith and Calenardhon (later Rohan)
- New armor for Nizar (Haradrim Black Snake Clan faction leader) (thanks Edred for great concept)
- New armor (still WIP) for Ikrimah (Haradrim Golden Lion Clan faction leader) (thanks Edred for mask concept)
- Nizar and Ikrimah now have own bodyguards (avaiable in campaign and custom battle)
- More variants of movemment animations for spearmen with shields by CherJair
- Some new building icons (for Numenorean) by Mareon
- New campaign settlement models for Haradrim
- Changes in economy - now some buildings basically generate less wealth, but other building can increase it
- Unplayable Wildmen factions in campaign (avaiable in custom battle, but it only few units - so I suggest to not play as them)
So, in Alpha v0.1.6 you will have campaign map with 72 provinces - it more than Shogun 2 vanilla campaign. Here you have map with marked avaiable lands:
About changes in economy, I have to test how it works now + I want to expand it in next patches - I hope that this system will be works good (atm, I found one bug, for some reason local bonus not working, but I will try fix it). Here you have example how it works:
+ Here you have some additional screenshots and one video:
Nizar, Shah of Harad
Ikrimah, Warlord of Golden Lion Clan
(WIP, when I will finish this armor probably I will upload video from work)
Model of Haradrim settlement for lvl 5 on campaign map:
Spearmen with more variants of movement animations:
And this is all, I hope that you will see patch in close days. See you next time ^^
Other place where you find this mod:
- If you want suport this project, check Patreon: Patreon.com
- If you want discuss about mod, here is mod server: Discord.gg
- Mod forum on TWCenter: Twcenter.net
- Mod forum on Total RTS: Totalrtsmods.com
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
It take me much time to find reason of crash which many people had, but probably I fixed it ;) Click read more to see more information:
Crashfix for last alpha version, read more to see information about this version.
New version of Last Alliance mod ^^ Read more to see information about this version.
Second hotfix for version 0.1.5 - changelog and installation instruction below
Yes, I forgot about something important...........
Nosta anna ^^ New version of Last Alliance mod ^^ Read more to see information about this version
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Highest Rated (5 agree) 10/10
A brave team modding the best engine that CA has ever produced! Already making strifes with working shields and other assets previously tought imposible to be modded into Shogun 2! Keep going Last Alliance team!
Dec 16 2019 by pureevil29