Hello everyone! After a long period of inactivity, the Kreedz Climbing mod returns with version 2.0, greatly optimised and on the latest engine, bringing the game back to life again. This update offers the long neglected latest visual features such as advanced shaders, HDR, particles, as well as significant optimisation to make the game smooth and a pleasure to play. Overall I feel this update is a great improvement to the original game, and offers in general a much better platform for gameplay improvements, especially as the game has an integrated updater.
Here's some screenshots of a few of the visually updated maps in this update:
Please note however that the kzmod.com website was lost some time ago, and as such there is no central community hub for kzmod. The game does have a presence among some existing KZ communities, such as Xtreme-Jumps, however the only place specifically dedicated to kzmod at this time is the Steam community group. Everyone is still welcome to play of course and the game will still be updated, though at this stage there is no community reboot.
Without further delays, here are the download links! It has been a pleasure making this 2.0 version of the game, and I hope anyone who regretted the inactivity feels a little better at seeing it still lives after all. Enjoy!
A few notes about the install:
- 8gb of disk space is required.
- You will have to restart Steam after installing.
- 2.0 Alpha players must rename their KreedzClimbing folder before installing this version. Not doing this will corrupt the installation! You CAN copy your configuration files across though!
- When updating the game for the first time, it may appear to take a long time. It will not subsequent times.
- The free Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer from the Steam tools tab is needed to play the game