Graphics enhancement and compatibility tool for Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
Last updated: March 27th 2020. The MotS version of the companion compilation pack for the JkGfxMod (version 0.4.0 at minimum) and the Jedi Knight Neural Upscale Texture Pack - features higher detail models from JKE, darthbabe96 and the JK community in addition to readjusted lightsabers and muzzle flashes.
(Provided that you also download the Neural Upscale Texture Packs)
Enhancement Mod for JkGfxMod (MotS Edition) 0.40
Short title: EMSITH
- IMPORTANT! -
REQUIRES JKGFXMOD (version 0.4.0 at minimum - this mod has been tested with the said version):
REQUIRES MOTS UNOFFICIAL PATCH 2008-06-28:
YOU MUST DELETE PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF MOTSGFX2019 (MotS Graphical Extension Pack) FOR THIS MOD TO WORK PROPERLY!
This includes the files JKGFXMOTS2019.goo, EXT_Saber.goo, EXT_TransportST.goo and EXT-WaggleM.goo
- INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS -
These instructions by Vortikai might work out the best when it comes to this mod:
If you already have a working copy of Mysteries of the Sith (MotS) with the MotS Unofficial Patch 2008-06-28 AND JkGfxMod (version 0.4.0 at minimum) installed, simply extract the contents of this 7z file (EMSITHv040.7z) to your root MotS directory and run the game.
Note that by default, this mod is sadly not compatible with other MotS mods! In case you have other MotS mods installed, be wary of overwriting any files when installing this mod.
Otherwise, for a completely clean installation:
1) Patch the original CD version of JKM.EXE to MotS Unofficial Patch 2008-06-28.
NOTE! A NoCD patch for MotS is also available on JKHub: Jkhub.net
2) Follow the JkGfxMod installation instructions:
3) Install the Neural Upscale Texture packs:
4) Extract the contents of this 7z file (EMSITHv040.7z) to your root MotS directory (e.g. C:\Games\MotS).
6) That should be it - run the game!
- CREDITS -
* TreeMarmot/jdmclark for JkGfxMod and the Jedi Knight Neural Upscale Texture Pack
Original mod credits:
* Shred18 for Jedi Knight Enhanced (https://www.moddb.com/mods/jedi-knight-enhanced)
* darthbabe96 for his MotS Enhanced mod (this mod uses content from his mod's version 0.91 available on Jkhub.net) AND his Muzzle Flash mod for JK (http://www.jkhub.net/project/show.php?projid=816) as well as with providing other hi-res resources used in this mod
Other model/texture credits:
* HapSlash and INFINITY BLADE for the Imperial officers and other models
* MotS mod for Jedi Academy for the Imperial Navy Troopers (replacing the Commandos)
* SMLiberator and darthbabe96 for other misc. models and model adjustments
* For the rock/stone overlays used in some of the textures used in this mod:
* See the additional credits section on the bottom of this page for darthbabe96's original list of credits from MOTSE v. 0.91
Enormous help credits:
* SMLiberator (http://www.jkhub.net/project/show.php?projid=381) for a lot of COG and other work to get this patch working on MotS, in addition to making the new sabers and helping me out with getting darthbabe96's muzzle flashes to work properly with JkGfxMod
* Vortikai (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2028899008 for MotS AND Steamcommunity.com for JK)
- COPYRIGHT AND PERMISSIONS -
THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY. ELEMENTS TM & (C) LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY.
Authors MAY use this mod as a base to build additional mods provided that you give proper credit.
In case you want to try recompiling the emissive materials yourself (no technical support from FastGamerr):
Instructions for the above:
(Links valid as of 2020-03-27)
Because of the millions of different hardware and software combinations possible with today's personal computers, under no circumstances including negligence shall FastGamerr or anyone else be held liable for any incidental, special, consequential or any other damages that may result from the use or inability to use this mod/add-on content.
- ADDITIONAL CREDITS -
Shred18 For the rediculous amount of models
taken from his Jedi Knight Enhanced
mod. Also the Mara Jade and Darth
Vader models were converted by him
for various other projects.
DT85 from JKHub.org Luke Skywalker model for Multi-
player. Was all made by DT, Toshi,
Hapslash, and Raven from the
JKHub.org. Converted by Darthbabe96.
TK-962 from JKHub.org AT-AT Driver model for Jedi Out-
cast. Converted by Darthbabe96.
sea206 from tf3dm.com The base mesh I used for creating
the new Rebel Soldier. Not sure if
he was the one who created it or
just uploaded it, but it worked
Zen Studios The original build and textures of
the new Stormtrooper and Scout
Trooper models. They did a good job.
Converted by Darthbabe96.
- CHANGELOG -
* 0.40 (2020-03-27) Fixed a few lightsaber issues regarding Dark Mara and Dark Kyle in the Dromund Kaas levels
Added emissive lights to the blaster cannon fire projectiles
Misc. minor texture and 3DO adjustments
* 0.339 (2020-03-26) Added new JKE-style versions of the Sith statue enemies
Added in COGs to the \MotS\Episode\ folder that should enable properly sized lightsabers throughout the SP campaign
Misc. minor texture adjustments
* 0.333 (2020-03-20) Added new weapon COGs that should eliminate the muzzle flash from appearing when the weapon is selected
* 0.33 (2020-03-19) New models (including the Stormtrooper Transport)
Made injected versions of the high-res (larger than 256x256) textures for further compatibility
General texture fixes
Incorporated the waggle and saber fixes to this mod proper
* 0.10 (2019-05-11) Added emissive materials to JKE/MotSE textures