This mod started out as a compilation of all those other mods that add new styles to Jade Empire. Eventually I figured out how to add styles myself and added a few more. All in all there's around 40 styles now. 50 if you count weapon upgrades as well. Quite a lot of styles have been modified. Some have been re-balanced. To others I've added new effects. And some have been re-purposed entirely. But I didn't stop at adding and modding styles either. There are new gem armors, new techniques, new merchants, brand new concepts like specializations... I can say without the slightest bit of exaggeration, that this is the largest mod for Jade Empire out there. In fact: It is many times larger than all other mods combined and that is not just because it *contains* so many other mods. The last time I checked the codebase totaled to 25,000 lines. In other words: This mod is a complete overhaul.

Forum Thread
Act 2 Pirate's Lair - Guards not attacking blocking the way (Games : Jade Empire : Mods : Jade Empire in Style : Forum : Problems : Act 2 Pirate's Lair - Guards not attacking blocking the way) Locked
Thread Options
Aug 21 2011 Anchor

Hi. I am really enjoying the mod, especially the new styles. You did a really nice job with it. :D

So, in the room where you drop the dragonfly to the floor there is a scripted cut scene where a bunch of guards and an ogre attempt to jump you.

2 of the guards do nothing though - except block your path up to the next area. I have a few game saves (1 before the cut scene goes off, and one after all the guys are cleaned up, save the two slacker guards.

Thanks.

Aug 22 2011 Anchor

Sorry for the late reply! I did *not* get a notification of your post. :flame:

That's a known issue. Quite a number of users have reported this. I never experienced it myself, but apparently it's reproduceable for others. My mod is not the culprit, though. You would have the exact same issue without my mod. Responsible or not, I *did* write a workaround. You can find it in the cheat console under the name "Pirate Workshop Hack".

Let me know, if it works, please!

Edited by: pecoes

Aug 22 2011 Anchor

That in fact did it. Thanks. I had played through before with out it occurring, I assumed it was the mod. I did run the forest section first this time, though, which I hadn't done the time it hadn't occurred. Apologies for the false report and thanks for the fix!

Aug 22 2011 Anchor

The irony is: I wish I *did* have this problem myself. If I could reproduce it, I could write an actual fix instead of a workaround, that requires players like you to jump through complicated hoops. But as long as I don't have the problem, my hands are tied. Being one of the lucky ones can be so annoying. :O

Aug 23 2011 Anchor

I played through the game 6 times again since last week and encountered the bug only twice. The first 4 runs I started with going to the pirate's lair 2 times with Radiant Jin Zi and 2 times with Scholar Ling and I had no problem at all. then I went two times with Wu the Lotus Blossom after completing the Dam Site first and both times I encountered the bug. I'll play a couple of more times to find out if it's in any way related to either the character (what I don't believe) or the order in which you go there

Aug 23 2011 Anchor

I guess it's a lag issue. The combatarea is supposed to be locked *after* these two guys have entered. But some thing or other delays their entry and the combatarea is locked *before* they enter. What causes this delay I don't know. I would be very surprised though if your choice of appearance had anything to do with it. I read in some forum that it's supposedly a sound effect issue. Turning off reverb supposedly fixes it. Whether that's true or pure speculation I cannot say. It doesn't really matter. The thing that's *really* beyond me, is why Bioware's guys didn't make the locking dependent on whether all combatants are inside. Had they done that, no delay could possibly break their code. Maybe that can be retrofitted... Say Asanoshin: Do you have a save from which you can reliably reproduce the bug? Then we could run an experiment or two!

Aug 23 2011 Anchor

I think I don't have it anymore but I can play up to that point a couple of times and see if I can get it to occure again (since appearance really doesn't matter since I just did it with Wu again and made it through without problems.) If it occures again I'm sure I can get the save somehow today.

Edit: http: // www . mediafire.com / ?17ck531rzuyyn9q

Okay I'm pretty confident that this is reliable. Occured here every time I tried.
Save 651 -Before battling against the demons
Save 652- After it occured
Save 653- Occures if you walk towards the door.

Yeah I know the order is stupid but I'm tired.

Edited by: Asanoshin

Aug 24 2011 Anchor

Moin!

Thanks for uploading the savegames. But even with your savegames I failed to reproduce the problem. The problem has to do with your machine. My machine is different. You are the only one who can test this fix, I'm afraid. So tell me if it works, please: pirate_workshop_fix.zip

EDIT:

Try this one as well, please: pirate_workshop_fix_2 .zip

Edited by: pecoes

Aug 24 2011 Anchor

Well yeah to tell the truth It's really quite interesting. Since I was playing through the whole night (and tried it out again and again), the game started lagging alot and strangely enough after the system started to lag a little the problem was gone! If I hadn't made a save after it happened I'm sure I would have simply dreamed it. So After the bug now has disappeared on its own (which rather annoys me since I replayed the game a couple of times to have it occur permanently) i can't really try you fixes for now :/ For now meaning I'll play a couple more times till it happens again first...argh damn you bioware for doing something that keeps me awake for days... lucky I'm a NEET, otherwise I would be vasting my time here. so back to playing a couple times more...

Edit: Awake for three days straight so going to sleep for now and try to reproduce the bug again and try the fixes tomorrow.

Edited by: Asanoshin

Aug 24 2011 Anchor

Asanoshin wrote: Awake for three days straight so going to sleep for now

Yes. Very much yes. Please do that. I hope you're already asleep while I write this!

Aug 24 2011 Anchor

pecoes wrote:
Yes. Very much yes. Please do that. I hope you're already asleep while I write this!

Yeah I was thanks. It really seems to be a problem with the conputer since after restarting my notebook I can't reproduce it (I guess playing three days straight was the cause) It might happen again in the future thenI might be able to test your fixes but honestly simply restarting is alot easier for me.

Aug 24 2011 Anchor

Sure. Whatever works is fine.

Sep 14 2011 Anchor

Hey,

I saw you made a workaround for this bug. I was wondering if I can use it without installing the mod. This is my first playthrough and I want to do this one mod free (Ill promise to try the mod later :) ). Can I use the workaround without the mod, and if yes, how?

Kind regards

Graspiloot

Sep 14 2011 Anchor

I'll help you, but you will have to help me a little first. Please try out this bugfix! If that one doesn't work try this one instead, please! Let me know if either of them works! If neither of them does the trick, I'll give you the workaround.

Sep 14 2011 Anchor

Sorry if it sounds a bit daft, but in what map should i copy these files? Data? If yes in which map in data? Or do I need to just copy it in override?

Im not so experienced with mods for these games, I only modded some paradox games, and they are really easy.

Sep 14 2011 Anchor

Oh, sorry! As a user of my mod you would know! But you aren't. I forgot. It's the override foder. It always is.

Sep 14 2011 Anchor

The first one has fixed the problem for me. Thanks a lot! (I havent tested the second one, for obvious reasons). Thanks, Ill try your mod after my first playthrough!

Jul 31 2012 Anchor

Hi there I have the same problem as to the whole pirates blocking the way, I was just wondering how the fix works do you just put all 3 files into the override folder? Or do I leave one out?

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.