This mod is prepared to be used only as a Rules text file. It is compatible with translating to maps. All weapons are changed for other special ones.
Extract into your yuri's revenge folder. Then it is ready to play.
So, the idea of this mods is just to competely change RA2YR gameplay without much of a hassle, to make a new and exciting RTS while still keeping all the core elements.
You can ask a simple question:
"What if all the types of special weapons were changed to others?"
All of the described effects are usable (including with ares.)
BETTER IN MAP, INQUIRE VIABILITY
- For balance reasons, all sides use slave-like miners
MOD- All subfactions combined into a single side with all their special units (But such units are also changed)
MOD-- THis means only three main factions exist: Soviets, Allies, and Yuri, with no subfactions.
- Adjusted prices (and build time) of special weapons and units according to thir new effectiveness
MOD- All structures share the single sidebar (defense and tech)
MOD- Structure building time 30% faster
MOD- "Defense" sidebar used exclusively for support powers and upgrades
MOD- Changed cameos
- Carrying capacity of carrying vehicles unchanged (For campaign compatibility)
- Landing craft are unchanged (Except Yuri, which gains Magnetron powers)
OPTIONAL: Change graphics of default structures and units (many premade free ones, or simple recolors)
This can be dono even with maps with graphic packs as long as you don't have to change art.ini
- Switch voices so that instinctively peoiple know it is different and which units attacks how.
- All factions have paratroopers
(?)- All factions have all special units, rebalanced
- ALL FACTIONS HAVE SECRET TECH UNITS ENABLED
- All factions can create an "ore generator" structure (already done in some maps like wasteland)
- MGs and other small arms fire "shot per shot", and have visible trails
- Each faction has one extra Feature in each tab
- All values multipled x10/x100, for best number accuracy (implemented in OpenRA)
Weapons effects changes contingent:
- Color of effect changes according to used weapon, more identifiable (use palettes on anims)
General weapons changes:
- Prism beam is white, it decomposes into six color fragments (red, yellow, green, cyan, blue, magenta)
- Heat weapons have a visible particle effect (type like TS disruptor or railgun)
- Allied worker infantry is faster, but carries less payload
- Refinery somewhat cheaper than others ($900)
- 5 workers, but efficient ones
MOD- Advanced Refinery: Workers have exo-suits
- Air control doesn't give radar
- Robot Control gives radar
- Ore Purifier generates Ore.
MOD- Gets a "Mission Command" center with paid support powers:
MOD-- Paratroopers $500, 2:30 (just as "Americans" power, but with another infantry, not buildable)
MOD-- Mercenaries $1000, 1:30 (Paradrops three powerful mercs from a radar-invisible plane, not buildable)
MOD-- Airstrike $800, 1:00 (A fast bomber quickly strafes target area, dealing spread damage good vs. vehicles)
Pillbox -> Sniperbox
Patriot SAM -> Dual Laser AA
Prism Tower -> Missile Tower (slow projectiles, both AA and AG but better AG)
Extra Allied Defense -> Outpost
Grand Cannon -> Prism Cannon (With dispersion; but can't attack buildings)
GAP generator -> Psi Generator (acts as psi-radar)
Satellite Uplink -> Expensive, more power drain [(Only changed look and details)]
MOD- Chronosphere -> Time Machine (Heals allies within effect to max, freezes enemies in place for 10 sec)
Weather Control -> Particle Cannon (similar to Tiberian Sun version, but faster-firing, and auto-firing)
GI -> Marine. Cheaper, no longer deploys, fires with pistol.
Dog -> Warhound. More agressive, longer leap.
Guardian GI -> Prism GI
Jumpjet guys -> Now fires small rockets, medium range, slow projectile speed
Chrono-Leggionarie -> Mirage Magus (disguised as tree (?), uses heat cannon, fast walk, cheaper, can Infiltrate buildings)
Spy -> Saboteur (Infantry disguise, has short-range instakill pistol, demo charges on vehicles)
Seal -> S.A.L.T. (Special Assault Leggionarie Team; uses artillery rocket effective vs structures)
Tanya -> Cannon Tanya. Shoots high explosive rounds at fast rate.
Chrono Commando -> $3000 hero Terminator (very resistant, market as Cyborg, shoots like Boris machinegun and can bomb structures)
Sniper -> Prism sniper (Only anti-infantry except fragments, but can attack air)
Extra Allied Infantry -> Secret Service (Calls AI Black Eagle, like Boris Migs; has a short range infantry kill pistol)
- Ifv weapons changed according to new functions
--- Default IFV weapon is AA-capable laser (to coincide with patriot SAM)
- Grizzly Tank -> Grizzly MRL (Anti-ground unguided accelerating HE rockets)
- Robot tank -> Sniper Drone
- Mirage Tank -> Prism Platform (short-range and disguised)
- Prism Tank -> Heat Tank (uses ex-mirage attack, but longer range and faster ROF)
- Battle Fortress -> Beetle Beast (MOD: Has huge cannon turret instead of MG, no infantry garrison)
(Map: more expensive at $2500, fires front tank cannon)
- Extra Allied Vehicle -> Chrono Tank
- Tank Destroyer -> Big Cannon (Long range anti-structure and area damage, like a nerfed Grand Cannon gun)
- Helicopter -> Assault Heli, infantry fires from within; normally has ex-jumpjet gun
- Harrier -> Fire Moth (Fires flame missiles, two ammo)
- Black Eagle -> Dark Vulture, does not appear in enemy's radar, fast bomber
- Extra Allied Aircraft -> Minicraft (Carrier ship, similar to default one)
- Assault Destroyer -> Sub Destroyer (Osprey barrel bombs against all navals, has MG vs ground)
- Aegis -> Laser Frigate (AA) with burst 2. May have a small heli -using carrier aircraft model- with an anti-ground round.
- Dolphin -> MOD: Orca (Melee, specially anti-infantry/anti-squid)
MAP: Jumping attack (like Terror Drone)
- Carrier -> MOD: Battleship (has both guns and anti-ship/anti-ground tomahawk missiles)
MAP: Wave Motion Ship (fires like Dolphin waves but three, can attack land)
General weapons changes:
- Missiles use tibsun-like trail
- Missiles take time to accelerate to full speed
- Tesla weapons have arcing, they bounce between two/three targets
- Radiation attacks deal damage spread damage, including to vehicles and irradiates ground in nontrivial area
- Soviet worker infantry is slow, more HP, but carry more resources.
- 8 workers
- Soviet "war refinery" gather point has MG turret
- "War refinery" at $1200 more expensive than regular one (in mod)
MOD- Advanced Refinery: Uses infantry-converted vehicles.
MOD- Tesla Power -> Mini Nukeplant
MOD- Nuke Plant -> Tesla Powersource
Industrial generates Ore.
MOD- Tech Lab changed to proper model
MOD- Current model is used as "Politbureau", has paid support powers:
MOD-- Heli Strike $400, 1:00 (Helicopters close in and fire and fire rockets at area, then leave)
MOD-- Paratroopers $800, 3:00 (Five special forces team, not buildable)
MOD-- Tank Drop $1200, 4:00 (three light tanks, not buildable)
Soviet Defense Structures
- Sentry gun to Flame Turret
- Bunker capacity increased to six, more HP, price $600
- Soviets get a version of Tank Bunker, which requires Warfactory
- Flak Gun -> Red Star SAM, fires fast missile (missiles have effect area)
MOD- Tesla Coil -> Desolation Coil (Fires radiation bolt)
MAP- Tesla Coil -> Magna Coil (Uses Magnetron attack, tesla extra gives extra range)
MOD- Gets back Clone Barracks (soviet look)
- Has psi tower, can control one enemy from great distance, limit 1 (NAPSYB)
- Iron Curtain -> Doomsday Device, irradiates a large area, instant effect
- Nuclear Missile -> Tesla Storm (Creates a tesla singularity which shoots arcing bolts in all directions for a time, is auto-fire)
- Extra Soviet Special -> Psionic Dominator (NAPSYA) ; like Mastermind but in structure form, can capture structures
- Conscript -> Soldier. More expensive. (MOD) Is deployable.
v- Flak Trooper -> Missile Trooper (As Tib Sun NOD one)
MOD- Dog -> Bomb dog. (Non-suicidal) anti-tank unit. Detects disguise.
MAP- Dog -> Happy Dog. Extra HP and regeneration, but short jump.
v- Tesla Trooper -> Desolation Trooper. Short-range shoots rad beam.
- Crazy Ivan -> Crazy Boris. Has laser-pointer which calls a single-mig attack against any target, at short range (Mig attack uses ivan explosion)
- Boris -> Ivan. Hero unit. Rapidly auto-attacks enemies with abundant time-bombs at a range, which have a short fuse (bombs use barrel explosion). Is immune to bomb explosions.
MOD- Volkov and Chitzkoi enabled.
MOD-- Chitzkoi works as beefed up Terror Drone with self-regen.
MOD-- Volkov has a powerful apoc-like cannon.
- Chrono Ivan -> Hero. Still teleports but with tesla effect (if possible; example lightning hit); attack is point blank deploy-like Yuri but with damage vs everything using Ion Cannon effect. Himself is immune.
- Terrorist -> Hijacker. Hijacks vehicles. Spies on buildings. Disguises as infantry. Blows up like Ivan when destroyed.
v- Desolator -> Tesla Decimator. Very durable. Mid-long-ranged chained attack.
Soviet Extra Infantry -> Cosmonaut enabled, requires tech, laser that it shoots has "rainbow effect" (fast burst + variable hollow outer color)
- War Harvester has it's "elite" attack; elite weapon is an ex-Apocalypse shot.
MOD- Rhino Tank -> Elephant Tank. Double-barreled, slower, less agile, more armored, costs $1000.
Map- Rhino Tank -> Lunar Tank. Shoots player-color AG laser, costs $1000, no build time penalty.
v- Flak Track -> SAM track. Shoots missiles at air, artiller-like missiles at ground. (missiles have effect area)
- Terror Drone -> Error Drone. Mind-Controls parasited unit.
- V3 rocket -> V5 shocker. Missile has a tesla-EMP effect (use Yuri impact)
v- Apocalypse -> $2000 - Revelation. Shoots dual nuke gun with radiation. No AA.
MOD- Has a soviet "battle fortress" which lets garrisoned soldiers shoot.
- Tesla Tank -> $1800 - Magna Tank (Magnetron Attack in shorter range vs vehicles) / Desolation Tank (Dual rad beam vs infantry/structures).
Can teleport, but only to Refinery entrances (use chrono miner locomotor)
MOD- Demolition Truck -> Ammunition truck. Boosts the ROF of friendly units. Still explodes when destroyed.
MAP- Demolition Truck -> Party Truck. Lets 2 infantry shoot from inside, has Crazy Ivan bombs. Explodes like barrel2 when destroyed.
v- Soviet Extra Vehicle -> Artillery Enabled
- Soviet Extra Vehicle 2 -> Hind enabled. Can transport vehicles by air (6 slots), shoots MG vs ground.
- Artillery chopper -> Air Torpedo ;;Rocket Heli. Can attack air too.
Deploys to fire with Tesla rod. (Also is AA)
- Kirov Airship -> Tesla Airship. Lightning attack, no base damage but have area EMP and multiple bouncy electricity fragments.
If it ever reaches Elite, it drops small nuclear bombs.
MOD- MIGs buildable from new soviet airstrip, have one-shot short-range rocket attack which is also AA-capable.
MAP- MIGs buildable from neutral aistrip, which now has two slots
* No longer has Squid (changed to Yuri)
MOD- Has Destroyer, small fast ship with a cannon
- Typhoon Attack Sub -> Missile sub. Has anti-ground with a v3-like attack, very slow reload. Double torpedo with lower damage, lower resistance.
- Scorpion -> Rocket Frigate. AA attack is stronger but rockets take time to accelerate. Can also attack ground. (missiles have area damage)
MOD- Dreadnaught -> Helicarrier (five mini-Helicopters which have powerful machineguns)
MAP- Dreadnaught -> Missile Cruiser. Missiles are vertical fire type like Typhoon, shoots 4 in a row.
Extra Navy -> Admiral Hero Dreadnaught. Uses the EMP missiles like "V5", shoots 2.
General weapons changes:
- Chaos attacks have anim, particle or attacheffects that deal damage over time.
(In MAP only particle, unless find already-damaging anim)
- Yuri worker infantry has enviro-suit, more resistant to chems and radiation. 6 workers. (can look like ex-initiate and have its power level)
- Refinery releases toxic fumes when destroyed. Cost is $1050.
- No longer has machinegun, but may have fire gun.
- Much more fragile.
- Advanced Refinery: Uses android workers. Efficient and armored, but vulnerable to EMP.
- Bio Reactor -> Chaos Reactor (Explodes chaos gas when destroyed)
- Super Bio Reactor ($1500, 10 slots, requires techlab)
- Has Dire Castle which enables spooky units (non-garrisonable in map mode)
- "Space Rocket" reveals entire map, much like Spy Satellite. Allows building of Disks.
MOD- Has Command building which calls on support powers:
MOD-- Intimidation Squad: Generates three Brutes on target area. $800, 1:30
MOD-- Chaos Strike: A bombing of chaos rounds over target area, from a fragile craft. $1100, 3:00
MOD-- Tainted Ground: Generates toxic clouds that damage everything. $900, 1:00.
MOD- Has "Lair", garrisonable by a single disciple to shoot flames
- Gattling Tower -> Railgun Turret (Dual Railgun, very expensive and energy consuming but long range)
- Psi Tower -> Lightning Tower. Generates lightning from the sky.
- Multiple cloning barracks allowed
- "Genetic Mutator" -> Genetic Reshaper. Turns infantry into Yuri clones for the perfect vision of mankind.
MOD- Mind Dominator effect reversed: Captures structure (except Construction Yard) and damages nearby units. Palette of effect switched.
- Initiate -> Disciple. ;;Can mind-control a single enemy infantry at short range, including air. Fires short range mind-beam to vehicles, and to everything at mid range when garrisoned in buildings.
- Yuri Clone -> Psi Trooper (Only attack is psi wave, MOD kills enemy infantry and EMPs vehicles, MAP just EMP). Can enter buildings to Spy.
- Virus -> Dementia. Fires Chaos ammo (generates berserker frenzy effect); damages infantry generating Virus particles. Can attack air.
- Brute -> Hulking Mass. Has much higher resistance to small arms fire, but less resistance to cannons.
MOD- Cyborg Gunner (AA infantry, missing one)
MOD- Yuri Prime -> Yuri Primal. A super-powered Brute.
Map- Yuri Prime -> Android Yuri. Permanent mind control of units, counts as Cyborg.
...Extra Yuri Infantry:
- Mummy; hero, very resistant, generates plague which damages everything in an area (Requires Castle)
- Werewolf; Fast attack unit, turns others into werewolves (Requires Castle)
MOD- Zombie; Slow spammable units, turns other infantry into zombies. (Requires Castle)
- Lasher Tank -> Minigun Tank (Anti-ground only, inaccurate)
- Chaos Drone -> Mind Drone (Uses mind wave as Psi Trooper; suicide)
- Magnetron -> Magnamind (Mind-controls a single unit, medium range)
MOD- Chaos MRL, fires Chaos missiles at enemies over med-long range
- Gattling Tank -> Railgun Platform (fires dual railgun including AA, very expensive)
- Mastermind -> Mastermag (Multiple Magnetic beams)
MOD- Disk -> Saucer. Beam abducts infantry, disables vehicles, damages structures. (Requires Space Rocket)
Map- Disk -> Dusk. Orange multiple-shot beams which generate Chaos effects. Still has Draining ability.
MOD- Chaos Heli, fires Chaos missiles at enemies.
- Squid is now Yuri
- Has Magnetic Hovercraft as hovercraft complement for $2000 (magnetron-type attack, specially useful to bring land vehicles and sink them in water)
- Boomer fires railgun to water, Chaos missiles to land.
MOD- Has small craft buildable from Yuri airfields:
MOD-- Fume bombers, use corrosive agents to contaminate an area.
MOD-- Overlord craft, controls a single unit permanently per run but has to fly directly above it.
Map: Can build a fast DISK variant from neutral airfield, which shoots green Radiation lasers.
So, what do you think? Is this doable in one or two weeks?