I have a couple of things to tell you in this update.
The first tidbit of information that I must relay to you is that Hostile Intent has moved to its new home over at www.hostileintent.org.. The Hostile Intent forum also has a new web address, Forums.hostileintent.org, and you can also find The Hostile Report over at their new home Thr.hostileintent.org.
For those of you who do not know what The Hostile Report is, it a portion of Hostile Intent which is by the community for the community. Right now the guys over at THR are looking for a few good people to help round out their staff, submit custom artwork, maps, sounds, etc…
Next I want to let you know what we have planned for release. We plan on doing a two part release. The one we are wrapping up will be the main chunk of the update. This will include the following from our changelog:
- Added ejecting shells. Their lifetime can be set by cl_shell_life [seconds]
- magazines drop during reloads
- hi_button_load doesn't have to target an objective anymore [*]hi_button_load can have a sound be played upon completion [*]added hi_spawn_manager; used to control groups of spawns, set number of team respawns
- fixed a bunch of reloading bugs
- doubled the range on nightvision
- added cg shader glow/blur effects (cg_glow 0/1) – thanks to DeathWish (http://collective.valve-erc.com/index.php?go=tron1)
- if spec_teamonly is on, you can no longer see which players on the other team are dead
- changed flashbang fuse to 2 seconds
- Fixed the bug where it could not be determined if you were prone on the client side. This fixes several things, for example prone recoil is now the lowest (it was using standing recoil before)
- prone mouse speed reduced
- fixed observers partially respawning if they switched teams during the spawn period at the start of a round
- made more entities reset properly when a round restarts [*]tweaked weapon accuracies (increased, especially sniper rifles)
- made grenades drop if a player dies while priming one
- fixed voice comm icons revealing who is dead/alive on your team
- many other small fixes and improvements to the code and FGD
We will also see some of the maps updated.
The second release which will follow 7-10 days after will be some player animation updates that will remove the “skating” issue, a new map (hi_basque), and a couple of other maps that needed some last minute fixes.
We plan to have the major installation of 1.3 out to you in the next coming hours, so stay tuned. Server admins will receive a server side version first, and then we will release 1.3 to the public. We do not foresee a 1.2-1.3 upgrade due to the amount of changes listed above. We are sorry for the delay, but we think the wait will be worth it.
Hostile Intent 1.3 is now released - check the site for download information!