H.I.V.E Mode Beta Installation Guide
3. Known Issues
H.I.V.E Beta is mod for Gears of War created to fill the lack of Horde mode on PC.
- a. Delete old mod files with Gearsofwar2package (it will probably corrupt other mods using MP security and MP_Outpost)
- b. Download GearCooker, Hive Mode Lambent Edition and Hive Mode Reaper Edition from Moddb site and any map pack you want.
- c. unpack Hive Mode Lambent Edition to
- d. unpack Hive Mode Reaper Edition to
and overwrite changes.
- e. unpack Gearcooker anywhere, run open settings, target your WarGame-G4WLive.exe, otherwise it will not run cooker properly.
- f. add maps to the list
- g. Run Cooker
- h. After completing Cooking you can run your freshly installed copy of H.I.V.E Mode.
Installation of every mappack:
Just unpack maps to HiveMaps directory and cook them, If map contains some pack just put it in environments directory and then start cooking.
3. Known Issues:
a. Game Crashes - try to reset your graphics settings - or lower it for playing this mod - it uses big ammount of memory so it can be unstable at some point
b. dont know how to respawn while spectating - press F1 on keyboard
c. "I have black textures" - reset your graphics setting - its cooked content so game can loose itself at some points ;)
d. while hi jack objective - jack doesnt move - shoot him he lost his path.
Mod Author - bmbr1990
HiJack objective - JUGGERNUT
River City Outlaw - Help with map port (Gridlock, Warmachine, Clocktower, Outpost)
Map Author: theron (Security port, Outpost)
Greatest thanks to: XxXbObXxX - for his talent to motivate us - modders - to work with this buggy editor;
Cowboy Locust - for his ideas and resources which without i won't even finish this mod;
And You - GoW PC community.
If you still having problems with installation you can contact me here or on forums.
Also made some silly instllation guide in pdf:
Dl.dropboxusercontent.com Mode Development/Hive Installation Guide.pdf
And Video tutorial: