The Victoria 2 Historical Project Mod is an attempt to improve the game Victoria 2: A Heart of Darkness without changing the base game experience too much. Built using parts of the mods NNM and PDM as a base, the main aim is to improve the historicity of the game, including countries, map and pops and to add more historical flavor to the game, while taking into account the plausible historical outcomes and the mod performance. The first release includes a vastly improved country composition and a complete rework of the global slave population. Most countries now have slavery and slaves and the historical number of slaves, as well as their pop composition and religion, was used when available. Future releases plans are to include a serf pop type and reforms to represent it, other meaningful reforms for the time era, dynamic soundtrack for countries/governments/regions and a 1816 (or 1815) start date.
Checksum (Steam):DOMS. Second hotfix. It seems the game can't deal with removing more than 2 million from a nation's treasury, which was causing a bug where the nation that took the most expensive options when constructing either the Suez or Panama earned money instead of losing them. That's fixed. The other major bug fix was uncivs not having infantry after civilising, which is the third time I had to change something as a workaround to the vanilla bug that made ships created by event get stuck in ports. Full changelog below!
* Separated Finnish and Sami from Scandinavian culture group and Ugric from the East Slavic and joined them in the Finno-Ugric culture group. Adapted the Russian decision to integrate Finland to include Scandinavia as one of the potential countries that can integrate Finland. Closes Github.com
* Small localization fixes.
* Slight increased the effects of the Dissolving the upper house decisions.
* Made the Propaganda decision money requirement scale with population.
* Removed duplicate decisions to release Galicia-Lodomeria for AI Austria. Improved the Bukovina decision that does the same.
* Fix uncivs not being able to build infantry after westernization due to a fix for the vanilla bug that locks created ships in ports. Closes Github.com
* Adapted one of the Muslim decisions to apply the jizya tax modifier if the country is missing the modifier. Fixed the decision so it only applies to Muslims. By @Libeccio-DD and @arkhometha Closes Github.com - Github.com
* Changed to the UK Liberal party by @UK Liberal Party by @Libeccio-DD - Github.com
* Added missing localization to reactionary rebels. By @Libeccio-DD - Github.com
* Made propaganda costs scale with population.
* Brazil trade goods tweaks and minor gfx fixes by @thiagodesacosta - Github.com
* Added another condition for the Megali Idea: If Russia spheres the Ottomans.
* Made the OR and AND conditions show red in decisions, to improve readability of decisions. Remember this as this doesn't mean the decisions were not fulfilled, it's just to make reading conditions easier for the player.
* Since the game doesn't seem to handle losing a lump sum amount of more than 2 million very well (resulting in bugs where you get the money instead of losing it), the payments for the canals that cost more than 2 million will be dealt with using the debt system all times.
* Added Friuli to the "Italian Diaspora" decision.
* If Egypt refuses the "hegemony over the Nile" event, Egypt's sphere-lord will get a CB to sphere them and a war will start. If they do enforce the CB, they get direct control over Egyptian Sudan/Ethiopia.
* Reworked the "Greater Germany" event chain so it adds cores (for Germany) to Austria proper only. This is done to fix weirdness in regards to core distribution, but at some point I'd like to rework the whole chain and Austria's starting cores to be more consistent.
* Fixed country release distribution if Austria is absorbed, to ensure more majors are released instead of a bunch of minors. Also fixed the cores that A-H gets, the ones that Hungary loses and the ones Austria gains when it flips from A-H back to Austria so it's all consistent across the board. Previously Austria would gain cores when flipping from A-H.