The entire Ravenholm chapter from Half-Life 2, fully playable in Goldsrc as a Half-Life 1 mod.
To install, extract the .zip into your Half-Life directory. For steam this will look like "...\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life\"
If you want to update an older version, do the same thing but choose to replace the old files when prompted.
After that, simply restart steam and the mod should show up.
Bugs, feedback, and more information
This mod has not been tested on anything other than the steam release of Half-Life on Windows. Linux and mac aren't supported yet, unfortunately.
Please give your feedback, this demo and the feedback we're given will likely indicate how the rest of the mod is.
If you experience any bugs or issues, let us know and we'll try to fix them asap.
Known Issues (and possible solutions):
- In d1_town_01, an audio bug can happen, caused by some interaction between dead zombies. If this happens, save and load.
- A common bug for goldsrc mods/games is the player not being able to look all the way around. If this happens, try turning mouse filtering on or off. One untested solution is copy/pasting all the .cfg files from your valve folder (common/Half-Life/valve/) into hl2 classic's directory.
- "could not load library..." This error may be caused by the code for the mod not being present. First, make sure you installed the mod correctly. Then check the folder "dlls" and "cl_dlls," you should find hl.dll in dlls and client.dll in cl_dlls if you don't, this is the cause of the error. Your antivirus software might have thought it was a virus. Re-download the mod to check if they download, if not disable your antivirus before downloading and make sure those files stay. As a last resort, you can copy the equivalent files from your valve folder, but this will get rid of all custom code for the mod, and it's uncertain as to if it will be playable or not.
- Updated models for Grigori, Zombies, and zombie corpses
- Added fgds (have fun)
- Fixed a bug with the poison zombie throwing extra headcrabs, and not displaying the correct amount of headcrabs
- Updated the Gravity Gun. It should now act more consistently and work well with smaller objects.
- Fixed the devtest map
- Fixed an unbreakable crate in d1_town_03
- Fixed a visual bug in d1_town_02_2
- Fixed barrels in d1_town_01a not doing any damage
- Fixed fast zombie and poison zombie health values
- MIsc. map fixes
- Updated Credits