GZ3Doom mods gzdoom to bring virtual reality support to Doom using the Oculus Rift headset. Immerse yourself in the classic shooter like never before.
To play GZ3Doom in Oculus Rift mode (check for latest versions here):
- Install Oculus Runtime 1.3
- Install recent display driver version
- Install GZ3Doom (run the .exe below)
- Obtain a .WAD file for the game you want to play (more information here), and place the .WAD file in the same folder you installed GZ3Doom to.
- Turn on your Oculus Rift
- Test the Oculus Rift Home scene in the Oculus Rift to make sure your Rift functions
- Launch GZ3Doom using Start Menu->Programs->GZ3Doom->"GZ3Doom on Oculus Rift" shortcut.
- (alternatively) type "vr_mode 8" in the gz3doom console.
- (Optional) Configure a wireless controller using (Doom Menu)->Options->Configure Controls, and play standing up. Consider configuring turning controls using the "snap 45 left" and "snap 45 right" controls, for increased comfort.
- Report problems at Github.com
- Avoid "white box" artifacts in certain areas.
- Invulnerability artifact effect is much more usable.