The release date for this mod has been set back because of some issues getting everything together; I will keep all of you informed as to when that will be.
With this new release expect some major changes to the game files:
1. A new ID layout for all the IDE and IPL files where all the objects now range from 600- 18900. As well as fixing two major issues; the bugs around the map that created the random crashing and the vehicle damage bug.
2. Most models have been either recreated or reconverted without the alpha corruption that you got from using KAMs scripts and they should all be fixed in the next release; SOLRC2.
3. A new ID layout has been implemented with the ranges of 600 - 18900 which will make the SA port possible.
The main aim when I started this project back in March 2005 was to get all 3 GTA cities onto one game map. This was something many GTA fans had dreamed about. I had chosen the GTA Vice City engine at the time to start my research project, pushing the boundaries of the engine to its full potential. In time, hopefully when I get permission from R* I hope to do the same to the SA engine; because from what I have learned so far is there is alot of untapped power there yet to be discovered.
Making video games in the industry isn't easy, as you're limited by set targets. This modding project has allowed me to discover new possibilities in my free time that will be seen in future projects, like Project Crymaira :)
Here is some screens of the latest version.
As you can tell, I am taking my Christmas Break again from GTA: SOL, There will be no releases till next year (2008), well after the next year.
Next year brings some new challenges for me and those who want to stick around with me on some new projects around we finish this one;
a, I have been working almost solo on the mod, apart from the support I have had from Andy on the EXE side of things since Feb, (Planning), March 2005 where I released the first mod (GTASA_LVC 0.1).
b. I need to build a team for the mod, because team work will get this mod finished, and this is taking to long to finish myself.
I need 2 team runners setup for SA and.. VC with project leaders for the give tasks.
These tasks with be (VC)
1. I would like 3 model/skinners dudes to look at the map and fix/change/make better anything I haven't looked at, working with me to make the map better then it currently is, these changes will be passed onto the SA version.
Help join up some places on the map, like LC along side Mainland Liberty, finish those tunnels in shorevale, Adding other islands even for extra cities.
Make VC/SA bigger, I don't care, If you think your up to the challenge then join us.
2. I need a/or team vehicle specialist(s) to look at the range of vehicles and take this under his/their wing as shes/his own project.
I will not be overlooking this part of the mod, but my only request is to have a Mafia Sentinel and I would expert to see some vehicles that will be cool with GTA: SOL, with the right handling data and collisions.
3. I would like to call on the assist of some SCM coders, and I know we do have some lurking somewhere, so show your selfs. one the other hand storyline writers are easy to find, but it still does hurt for anyone else to jump on the bandwagon.
4. Package Installer, Limit Adjuster assistant for Andy.
5. It's been suggested that we replace the audio (Radio Stations), so if there in anyone out there who can help with this, this puppy is yours, just no copyrighted content..
6. There is bound to be something I haven't blog'ed on about here, so I am looking for a Co runner for the project, who will work with me and support the project, and take control when I am not around. (more so on the SA version).
That is it.