GMDX is an award-winning large-scale modification for the 2000 PC classic Deus Ex. GMDX addresses the many flaws of the game, polishes it to a very high standard, and adds new layers of depth that one would have hoped to see in a sequel. GMDX is executed with the strict parameter of staying true to the original design principles that define Deus Ex, and seeks to improve all aspects of design excluding the plot and soundtrack. The cumulative result thus far is said to be, and aims to be the "definitive Deus Ex experience".

Forum Thread
Text appears fuzzy and low res (v9.0.3) (Games : Deus Ex : Mods : GMDX : Forum : Final Version : Text appears fuzzy and low res (v9.0.3)) Locked
Thread Options
Feb 7 2021 Anchor

Here's a few screenshots of the issue:

Imgur.com

The game looks absolutely fine in every regard EXCEPT when it comes to the text. The most egregious text garbling is in the conversations, but the font is fuzzy and hard to read pretty much everywhere else too, including the menus.

I provided the 2nd screenshot to highlight the fact that the rest of the game's textures look otherwise fine.

I first played GMDX v9 on Windows 7 with no issues at all. The text issue began after I upgraded to Windows 10 and re-installed the game. (Apologies for the crappy screenshots, btw. I had to take photos with my phone because nothing on my computer could open the .bmp screenshot image files for some reason.)

Has anyone seen something like this come up?

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.