The Genesis mod is an addon mod for Freelancer by Digital Anvil/Microsoft that works in Multiplayer, putting you into the game just after the original campaign has finished. Version 1.4 incorporates all the fixes from the previous versions
The Genesis mod is an addon mod for Freelancer by Digital Anvil/Microsoft that works in Multiplayer, putting you into the game just after the original campaign has finished. Version 1.4 incorporates all the fixes from the previous versions.
CHANGELOG 1.4 MP 'THE SOL CHRONICLES'
- The Sol system addon, comprising ten systems that have been added (each planet has its own system) is very, very loosely based on Mephistopholes' Sol mod. I have re-textured all of the planets used, using the latest NASA satellite images. I've redone all the solar infocards for all the systems, using up to date information and made all the minor moons available to see on the navmap and positioned them to taste. Systems have been resized as well. In fact there's not a lot left of his addon mod at all, but i did start out with it as a basis for the Sol systems, so only fair it gets a mention.
- New tradelane model added for the Sol system - Original model by Angryfly - Heavily modified by Gibbon
- New custom news items added in the Sol sector
- Custom Asteroid models in Sol systems by Forsaken
- Asteroid draw distances increased in some of the new systems
- Marsflyer added
- Nomad Battlecruiser added
- Discovery XD-1 wreck added
- Winnebago wreck added
- Pachyderm handling fixed on the player freighters (YAY!!) Will now dock properly without circling for hours
- New Pachyderm freighters added
- New Pachyderm Transports added (NPC only)
- Kusari Blood Dragon Samurai ship now has correctly named breakable parts
- Enabled NPC's to actually use countermeasures properly
- New trading faction added, Interpork. Famous for their square pigs!!
- Missile & Torpedo engine trails more realistic
- Redone all the patrol path files making route planning a bit better
- Patrol paths fixed, especially in Sigma 13, Sigma 19 and California which were leading to crashes
- Reworking of all the encounters in game
- NPC shields renamed, so when scanned they don't have NPC in the name (doh)
- Fixed pilot names not showing correctly on Nomads, Razids and Martians
- Slowed down planet rotations
- Blackhole texture redone in Omega 13
- Increased docking speed when docking at bases
- Single player buttons removed from menu screen
- Create a secondary 'MINIMIZE HUD' key in the 'CONTROLS' section in 'OPTIONS' to completely remove all HUD elements in game
- Various typos fixed
One of the key improvements is connectivity to the multiplayer server running Genesis. On later copies of windows (7, 8, 10) IPv6 is a major issue with older games, no different with Freelancer. This has been fixed with the Genesis mod so hopefully, judging from my in game team of testers, we've not had any issues with people joining the server.
Look forward to seeing you on the server.
All instructions on how to add the mod are in the included README file in the download.