FUEL: REFUELED is an enhancement modification for the game FUEL, which brings multiple bug-fixes, improvements and the addition of various new content.

Forum Thread
Patch #4 (Games : FUEL : Mods : FUEL: REFUELED : Forum : Patch #3 / Patch #4 / Patch #5 Feedback : Patch #4) Locked
Thread Options
Vetron
Vetron FUEL: REFUELED Developer
May 24 2012 Anchor

As changes are made I will update this post.

Fixes (to previous patch)
V15.1 Theme missing vehicle prices.
Display FPS using PosPerso command.

Fixes

Changes
Added Vista Point Pack #1 (19 new vista points).
Vehicle performance info changed from 6 to 36 point system. Every 6 values = 1 default value. (Stock UI doesn't visually change).
Quad bikes and the "Twin Freaks" bike can now perform a wheelie. Ability to do so varies between vehicle.
Vehicle Colors now open to optional mods. FUEL: REFUELED - LITE colors can be used on stock Patch #3 if you wish and vice versa.
Vehicle Parameters now open to optional mods.
Vehicle Info now open to optional mods.
Vehicle Unlocks now open to optional mods.
Added "-%d" string.
Traffic Trucks now spawn in 3 different colors; Black, Grey and White.

Additions
Added optional mods to change the vehicle color palette.
Added optional mod to allow the purchase of the "Trident" hovercraft from the start of the game for 42495 FUEL.
Added optional mod to disable the nitro flame effects when a vehicle approaches its top speed.

I've started work on the Career Race editor, however I don't know at this point whether it will make it into this release or not as it requires pretty extensive coding. Each race has 19 variables to be changed. There are 72 races. The editor must also have the default values from every race so just vehicles or environment settings can be changed as an option (this will take hours of tediously entering in values!). If this wasn't initially complicated enough, the editor must also 'know' how races are handled so that you can't mistakingly take a dragster in an off-road race for example. This is going to take considerable time to develop, but I think when finished it will be worth it. There are just so many possibilities; 'Dragsters' in the race "Road Rage" maybe? A night variant of "Tornado Warning" perhaps? or what about something like 'Bikes & Quads' in the race "Frozen Spiral"? - A lot of fun to be had with this.

I've put together a pack of additional vista points (which I'm going to call 'Vista Point Pack #1" (seems appropriate); included are 19 POI's that are mostly reworked from previous versions of FUEL: REFUELED. However where this becomes more than just adding a few points is that each has had its name translated into all supported localizations and have all made their way into the Free Ride Extreme Creator tool. These points range from interesting locations (such as the Ghost Town in Dustbowl City zone), useful regroup points for Online Free Ride (such as North Bay in Drownington Cove zone and Smoldering Ridge in Stargazers Heights zone) and purely random hard to get locations (such as Grand View in Redrock Bluffs zone and Sun Spire in Dead Lady's Lake zone). A complete list of locations is below:

1. Little Bay
  2. Hermit Isle
  3. Grey Gorge
  4. Red Valley
  5. North Bay
  6. Sunset Shore
  7. Hawkeye Bridge
  8. Smoldering Ridge
  9. Grand View
  10. Sun Spire
  11. Torrid Bridge
  12. Northern Pass
  13. Amber Hill
  14. Ghost Town
  15. Ash Plain
  16. Quakers Ridge
  17. White Dunes
  18. Crows Nest
  19. Grand Pine Valley

I hope to add future vista point packs in the future, but it obviously takes time to handle translations and update the Free Ride Extreme Creator. This pack brings the total number of vista points up to 114.

Edited by: Vetron

May 26 2012 Anchor

That's a marvelous idea, custom everything in career race...waiting...

Still hope if we can custom all in our own race mode, add AI ,set weather, no route length limit, etc,lol...

Edited by: darkelfsin

May 30 2012 Anchor

Is there something significant about the number 42495?

Vetron
May 30 2012 Anchor

Hell_Diguner wrote: Is there something significant about the number 42495?

I took an average value of all vehicles purchasable in Mount Rainier and then divided by 2 (to make it slightly easier to afford). I don't understand the pricing for vehicles (why they are often so precise with values - often something like '42495' rather than just 42500 or whatever), but it was just an attempt to keep consistency.

Jun 15 2012 Anchor

Is there a way to turn off the developer console while having "patch 3 + fuel refueled lite". If not can you make it an option in a future update? I use left bumper on my 360 gamepad for push to talk.

Vetron
Jun 15 2012 Anchor

tiggerxplur wrote: Is there a way to turn off the developer console while having "patch 3 + fuel refueled lite". If not can you make it an option in a future update? I use left bumper on my 360 gamepad for push to talk.

I believe it is tied to the debug mode menu (they both come together), but i'll look into it.

Jun 21 2012 Anchor

Vetron wrote: I believe it is tied to the debug mode menu (they both come together), but i'll look into it.

I think that is actually what I meant. Another question since you mentioned that. Is the expandable mini map tied to the debug mode also?

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.