FF is a single-player mod for Doom3 aiming to bring the classic gameplay to the maximum. Lots of action, 12+ new huge maps, new monsters, new weapons, new soundtrack, advanced AI, power-ups and a well-balanced gameplay that will push your skills to their limit. Add the ability to drive a vehicle and to fight as a demon in 3rd-person perspective and you get a good idea of what is waiting for you :D
Released vesion of Fraggig Free (v1.0) - a Doom3:ROE single-player modification. Authors: Ivan_the_B, Starfire Musics by: Neurological
HOW TO PLAY:
- make sure you have ROE installed updated to 1.3 or 1.3.1
- make sure there is no custom stuff in "base" and "d3xp" folders.
Only default contents should be present.
- unzip this zip file in your D3 folder (not base).
A folder named "fraggingfree" and a file named "FraggingFree.bat" will be created.
- v1.3 only: if you are running the 1.3 version, you have to delete the files "gameLinux-131.pk4" and "gameWin-131.pk4" and replace them with the ones you can find in the \builds\1.3 subfolder.
Hard to say. I'd suggest at least:
-Doom3:ROE v1.3 or v1.3.1
-ATI® Radeon(tm) 9700 or equivalent
-A fast cpu. I'd recommend an Athlon® XP 2500+ processor or higher.
It's probably possible to play it with a slower configuration, but I cannot guarantee a decent frame rate in crowded situations.
- Ultra Quality not supported.
See the readme included.