Hello and welcome back to another Forgotten Hope 2 update.
Today we are showing off a final render before tomorrow's big update!
The AVT-40 is a select fire modification to the Soviet SVT-40 semi-automatic rifle. A thicker stock and a slightly modified muzzle break were added to counteract the extra force of fully automatic fire, but the rifle proved difficult to control and suffered from frequent breakages. Put into production in May 1942 to supplement the shortage of light machineguns, it was out of production again by the following summer. Our AVT-40 has been made by Seth Soldier.
Finally today, we'd like to list some of the changes in version 2.5:
1 New Nation:
4 New maps:
8 New weapons, including:
- Lahti L-35
- Luftfaust B
- Bren Mk.2
11 New vehicles and stationary weapons, including:
- T-34 model 1941
- PM-43 120mm Mortar
- Junkers Ju 87G-1
- Studebaker US6 ZPU
Many further changes, including:
- New 16 and 32 layers for St.Vith and Totalize
- Selectable ironsights for sniper rifles
- Improved lighting and balance for several maps
- Improved handling of halftracks on hills
- Many weapons have new first and third person animations
- Contested flags are now marked on the minimap by a flashing icon
A more detailed changelog can be seen here.
That's all for today, but be sure to come back tomorrow for the release! Until then, feel free to visit our Discord, our public forums, and/or our Twitter and Facebook pages to discuss this update and other news.