Flakes Doom is a GAA1992's mod for Doom that focuses on combining elements from several games of the id Software's franchise, but without changing its original gameplay radically. It works basically as very cool a weapons pack with stuff from many Doom editions.
Flakes Doom is a Doom mod developed by GAA1992 that combines elements from several official editions of this iconic id Software’s FPS, but keeping the gameplay as traditional as possible.
Flakes Doom is a Doom mod developed by GAA1992 that combines and adapts elements from several official editions of the epic id Software's FPS, new and old ones, but maintaining the traditional gameplay as most as possible. This is the full version, updated to v2.6b.
It is inspired in WADs such as MetaDoom or Doom 32 and brings a totally new and enhanced arsenal, interesting aesthetic effects such as cases and smoke, new power-ups and an extra menu that sets Flakes Doom itself and adjusts aspects from the several other mods that are compatible with it.
Another highlight of this PWAD is its huge compatibility. It seems to work just fine with the IWADs from Doom II: Hell on Earth, Doom, The Ultimate Doom, Final Doom, Freedoom, Hexen, Chex Quest, Chex Quest 3, Heretic, Strife, Return of the Triad. It also works with Hacx 2.0 and Return of the Triad, but the IWAD from each of this games must be loaded as a PWAD along with the Flakes Doom's and the IWAD from Doom 2.
It also runs fine with most monster packs I tested it with.
You can get more info about Flakes Doom, as well as alternative download links and eventual updates at:
There are some add-ons for Flakes Doom:
- Unmaker was highly buffed; might look really boring now.
- Bazooka triple shot had it's speed nerfed and now the three missiles are homing.
- Bazooka scope had it's graphic raised and zoom nerfed from 2.50 to 1.75.
- Pistol normal plasma had it's ammo consumption reduced from 2 to 1.
- Pistol plasma had it's radius shrinked.
- Fixed game title on startup.
- Raised HAR's accuracy again.
- Reworked entirely the Hexen and Heretic drops regarding medikits and weapons.
- Added two new armors exclusively for Hexen and Heretic.
- Fixed some pixels on H.A.R. scope.
- Fixed H.A.R. hitting below the scope. Now every weapon hits according to the crosshair (i believe).
- Changed all hitscan weapon values around the vanilla basis. Some weapons might be cooler to shoot now, as some don't.
- Moved Machinegun to slot 2, to prevent lots of weapon cycling.
- Renamed menu options for better optimization.
- Added Harmony support! Hallelujah!
- Fixed the SSG reloading after every shot on quad damage.
- Fixed rocket launcher priority
- Fixed HAR scope position
- Changed HAR scope graphics
- Nerfed pitch raising on HAR shooting by half.
- Raised the cell on start from 18 to 20
- Menu sounds don't change their pitches anymore.
- Renamed Smoke Effects for better inter-compatibility.
- Some small text changing on menus.
- Changed quit sound for a better quality one;
- Quad Damage now has a sound that is supposed to sync with the powerup (a 30 seconds audio file. If you manage to pause the game, it'll desync, so, it's a known bug and i won't fix that).
- "Mace & Gauntlet" weapon does not takes your fist out anymore.
- Small fix on title screen
- The "Read This!" image was replaced with some text on the extra menu. Easier and lighter.
- The sound and video options were removed from the main menu.
- Changed upper logo.
- Corrected some code
- SSG fires smoother than before now.
- Gave a little revamping on the HAR:
* Micromissles altfire uses rocket ammo;
* Not using additive renderstyle anymore;
* Sound channels for normal attack and quad damage are fixed;
* Damage, spread and speed SLIGHTLY reduced.
- Edited some spawners in IWADS to drop the mace and gauntlet along with the chainsaw.
- Chainsaw sprite inconsistencies were fixed, should be better to look at now (black hand sprites weren't fixed yet).
- Player starts with 3 grenades instead of one. Something i wanted to do earlier and forgot.
- Fixed Heretic/Hexen items not appearing when voxels are disabled.
- Added a CVAR in options that disables ricochet bullets
- New firing frame for the machinegun. Courtesy of Black Rock Shooter.
- HAR Now can switch between missiles and scope, thanks specially to black rock shooter
- Mod is compatible with Nameless Lite RPG Mod 1.6.0
- HAR can drop from any chaingun spawner, enough of being exclusive.
- New plasma rifle sprites. Credz to DIMOSHunter.
- Fixed some BFG errors.
- Swapped colors on name display and corrected current version
- Added a new deathmatch patch to zandronum made by YukesVonFaust.
- Added a screen on menu that display a list of compatible IWADS. ("About" section)
- Weapon priorities corrected.
- New sprites for the Heretic versions of Quad Damage and Invulnberability.
- New sound for invulnerability.
- Added two new weapons, one of them can be found on Heretic, Hexen and Deathmatch Zandronum patches: The Heavy Assault Rifle! Micro Missiles not done yet.
The other is a Mace and Gauntlet combo that was meant for a specific Hexen class, but it couldn't be done on Zandronum, so it replaces the Cleric Staff. It takes out your fist and it's very strong to compensate the lack of proper ammo during Hexen campaign.
- Swapped the Hexen machinegun by the new heavy assault rifle.
- New machinegun sprites
- New SSG sprites
- New SSG sounds
- New SG sounds.
- New Haste sound.
- New Chaingun pickup sprites
- New environment sphere sprites
- New 3D model pickup for grenade by Zanieon!
- Now compatible with Adventures of Square!
- Old armor icon on statusbar
YukesVonFaust changes: (your brutal patch will come soon buddy, i promise)
- New sounds for pistol charging mode.
- New sounds for plasma rifle shot.
- New obituaries for all weapons.
- New sounds for doors, lifts and explosions.
- New brightmaps for all weapons!
- New Compatibility with Smooth Doom added.
- New definitions for deathmatch on statusbar.
- New tweaks on BFG Effects.
- New casing sprites!
- Added some cells to player start
- New quit sound.
- New menu quick options
- Added new extra firing modes for the shotgun (explosive shotgun) and the rocket launcher (triple shot) that must be toggled on options.
- Added a new sprite to the grenade, thanks to zrrion the insect
- Added Return of the Triad by ElZee compatibility. Same thing to play as HACX 2.0.
- Added the name display on startup
- Added the Haste powerup which has a 50% chance of replacing the blursphere on Doom and replaces boots of speed on Hexen.
- Many new sounds for weapons, being it pickup, selecting, shooting.
- Fixed Zandronum compatibility by removing the "stuck on ground" feature.
- Fixed some pixels on rocket launcher.
- First time pickup animations for both shotguns.
- Changed some item drops on Hexen (lost some improved docs) and made the Disk of Repulsion spawn shotgun shells instead.
- Changed Powerup sprites to the Doom 64 ones, like on the beggining.
- Improved and cleaned icons on Inventory. Also added a ammo icon.
- Changed some icons on inventory.
- Fixed some Conversation ID values from Strife, i just couldn't fix some shop vendors.
- New compatibility with Return of the Triad TC by el zee and 5hfifty.
- New voxel for rocket ammo.
- New health bonus pickup sound.
- New chargeup shot altfire for pistol! Pressing altfire quickly releases the standard plasma shot.
Charging it at full power release a powerful perfurating shot. Costs 9 cells. Can be disabled on options.
- New shotgun shell system : divides shotgun shells (not the box) into 4 individual shells, can be turned off on options. Courtesy of LedIris.
- New altfire for the grenade! You can arm and set it as a trap on the ground. Doesn't explode on proximity. You MUST shoot it.
- New machinegun sounds. Mixture of Quake II, 3 and Doom 3.
- New grenade and chaingun bringup sounds.
- New 3D model for rocket.
- New pistol sprites by DIMOShunter! Thanks a lot!
- New ricochet bullet effects from Beautiful Doom (already present on Aracnocide and Lowtech, if i recall correctly).
- New pickup sprite for machinegun, credz to Kinsie.
- New sounds for medikits and armors.
- New sounds for weapon pickups and stage introduction.
- New sounds for chainsaw puff (Quake 3 chainsaw)
- New (semi) Support for Strife, Hexen and Hacx 2.0
- New option for disabling recoil on options.
- New option to change fist alternate fire.
- New option to make the pistol altfire infinite, since so many wanted it to be the same pistol as D4D... Also it helps on Hexen.
- New option to stayin or not scoped after rocket launcher shot.
- New title screen!
- New support for other mods' menus, which include:
* Colorful Hell
* Legendoom Lite
* Ketchup V5
* Droplets V15
* Brutal Doom Monsters V20
* Nash Tilt ++
- Polished grenade sprites.
- Doom logotype removed.
- Fist/Kick now shakes screen when hitting monsters too. Not the air, though.
- Changed one of the death sounds.
- Changed key bar place.
- Changed Blur Armor model for the same as Aracnocide one.
- Added recoil for the rocket launcher, BFG9000 and the Unmaker.
- Heretic inventory highlighting fixed.
- Small tweaks on machinegun, shotgun and grenade animations.
- Internal organization.
- Pistol no longer switches to a new picked up weapon.
- Scenario-related voxels removed for gameplay compatibility increase. Ammo and Item voxels remain the same.
- Custom keycards removed because of HACX.
- Improved Chex Quest compatibility.
- New armor and health Icons for Statusbar
- symmetry on dryfire messages.
- Chex Quest compatibility
- Quad Damage, invisibility and invulnerability are inventory items on heretic now.
- smoother bobbing on pistol, rocket launcher, pistol, plasma rifle and BFG 9000 firing frames.
- new effects for kicking animations.
- new shaking effects for melee attacks.
- fixed heretic inventory not appearing at all.
- fixed rocket translucency.
- fixed rocket aim alignment
- fixed chaingun bullet_puff
- bullet_puff no longer replaces original class, which means original revenant missiles.
- new pickup sprite for super shotgun
- removed Icon of Sin Sounds for compatibility and space (almost 1MB).
- added casings (from blood)
- added options to remove casing, voxels and smoke effects
- reworked Heretic ammo and weapon spawners, making the game not so confusing (and easy).
- Added a New skull icon.
- Added some effects on chaingun and machinegun.
- Added an alternate attack to the chainsaw
- Added the Unmaker! It has a small chance of replacing the BFG9000.
- Fixed chainsaw not shaking
- Fixed Plasma Rifle infinite flame exploilt
- Fixed Plasma Rifle flame spawn height.
- Fixed Plasma Rifle flame sound bug
- Fixed Heretic Backpack.
- New fonts
- Now with Heretic compatibility!
- Quad Damage fire sound added for ALL weapons!!!
- 3D MODELS FOR MANY ITEMS! Courtesy of CamaleonMaligno. (Sorry Zdoom and some Zandronum users, you guys get the voxels instead)
- Voxels for Heretic keys.
- Decals for Rocket explosions.
- New frames for pistol
- Better pistol animations.
- New Sounds for some environiment.
- Machinegun Altfire takes 10 clips now.
- Small tweaks on Rocket Launcher.
- Scaled down plasma flame and rebalanced ball damage.
- Small touch-ups on BFG ball.
- Fixed spin on chaingun which stopped weapon bobbing
- New pumping frames for Shotgun (a bit slower, but better)
- New Player sounds
- New Menu and intermission Sounds.
- Rebalanced Pistol Alfire
- Fixed Pistol and Supershotgun not alerting monsters (thought i had fixed it)
- Internal renaming of all weapons
- Intense Internal Organization
- New bobbing style for weapons
- nerfed shotgun, chaingun, machinegun and pistol ammo drops. If it gets too harsh i can back it up.
- Fixed Pistol Alternate fire and SSG not alerting monsters
- New pistol sprittes by DIMOSHunter
- Fixed Dryfire states (no selecting grenades anymore!)
- i don't remember what else.
Contributions by YukesVonFaust:
- New sounds for chaingun, Machinegun Plasma Rifle, BFG9000, Shotgun, Rocket Launcher and Pistol.
- New Explosion Sounds.
- New firing frames for Chaingun by RSSWizard.
- New explosion sprites for grenades and Rocket Launcher.
- New Quit Messages.
- New BFG alternate fire that shoots two small BFGballs (uses 90 cells).
- 3DO intro also for Doom 2 now.
- New Secret Sound.
- New quit sound.
- Stand by alternate fire for chaingun added!
- New sounds to the SSG, thanks to Captain J!
- Tags for weapons, as well as pickup messages!
- Reduced screen shake on rockets.
- Reduced shotgun's both firing modes accuracy.
- Fixed Grenade being selectable when outta ammo.
- Reduced BFG-9000 shaking on altfire.
- Added a decal to Rocket Launcher.
- Added some more sounds from Captain J of his MetaDoom pack!15/12
- Fixed BFG infinite alternate fire.
- New alternate fire for the plasma rifle: plasma flamethrower.
- Buffed significantly incendiary damage on the machine gun, however, it is divided on more than one pellet.
So it is not recommended on (very) long distances. Also, nerfed clip consuming from 9 to 8 units.
- reduced machinegun burst from 5 to 3 shots.
- Nerfed significantly the machinegun's recoil.
- Chainsaw alerts monsters during fire state.
- New alfire for BFG9000 allows you to charge and hold the shot (at the cost of a way longer cooldown than the primary fire).
- New altfire for the Plasma Rifle: Railgun shot (yeah... i know). Costs 30 cells.
- Machinegun fires faster than the Chaingun now, but only in bursts of five shots.
- New sprites for powerups, taken from Immoral conduct 2.
- Voxels for the grenade. I had voxels for many weapons, but some of them are so ugly i decided not to release them.
- New Sounds for some items.
- New Altfire for the machinegun, the incendiary shot.
- Powerup Quad Damage replaces Berserk.
- Added decals for the plasma rifle and pistol.
- Plasma Rifle and Plasma Pistol projecile speeds buffed.
- Rocket launcher projectile speed buffed.
- Shotgun and machine gun spread lowered
- Inverted chaingun and machinegun speeds
- Pistol cell consumpt nerfed.
- SSG speed buffed.