The time has come! After two years in development and three months under closed beta, Fistful of Frags team is glad to announce the immediate release of the western themed modification for HL2. Server files are released today, and Friday 21th will be the client installer. In the mean time, check the main features:
- Fistful of Dollars game mode: original team oriented gameplay packed with fast paced action.
- Dynamic objectives: use your gun... and your brain too!
- Notoriety player progression system: measures player contribution to its team in several areas (combat, objectives and teamplay).
- Equipment and player full customization: spend your notoriety points in the exact weaponry, skills and visual customization you want. Includes more than 20 different items.
- Five levels loaded with fun, diverse gameplay, fine performance and good graphics.
- 13 weapons, most of them with a secondary attack mode: fists, knife, axe, Colt Navy 1851 (single and dual), Deringer .41, double barrel shotgun, Henry repeating rifle 1860, bow, Smith carbine 1857, Sharps rifle 1874, dynamite and explosive bow!
- Fist fighting: stamina based combat, several kind of punches, including a special "knockout".
- Anti-tk system: play with friendly fire on, like the big boys do!
- Several months of internal testing looking for a highly enjoyable, bug free release.
Grab the Beta 1.0 for servers here: