Multiplayer / cooperative FPS set in Wild West times. Take part in frenzy team versus shootouts or play cooperative games against AI managed enemies. Most of the classic black powder guns are available, in single or dual wield setup.
This patch will update your Fistful of Frags 1.0 to game the current version - 1.2.
We have been playing FoF for some time now, and it was clear that the game needed some tweaks and improvements in key areas. Version 1.2 has been made with the intention of polish and improve FoF in every direction possible, taking in mind we just released another update 3 weeks ago.
Here are some highlights of the new version, check the full change log to know everything behind this update.
- Additional game mode "Few Dollars More", an evolved version of our main game mode. There were added some custom features which will make it more intense and tactical than regular "Fistful of Dollars".
- Fixes: improved stability, knife/axe bouncing issues,"Protecting" message active all the time
- New Maps: fof_revenge, larger/improved versions of Eliminator and Peligro
- New sound fx´s, explosion sprites, props and textures
- Gameplay changes and additions: weapon balancing, movement speed tweaked, game mode enhancements, etc.
- Important: players won´t receive any notoriety due to combat unless it´s related to objectives (player or enemies have loot or are protecting). Notoriety gained by these actions was increased (x2 or even x3).
- Few Dollars More game mode
- New Revenge, Eliminator and Peligro maps.
- Sound fx´s: death, ammo/weapon pickup
- New explosion sprites by arklansman
- Stagecoach prop by Anime7Angel
- Stucco texture by Henri
- Knife/axe bouncing issues
- Several map spawn related issues
- "Protecting" message is on all the time
- Notoriety isn´t reset anymore at round´s end, games will last for 3 rounds max
- Automatic team balance at round end: some players may be switched in favor of fairness.
- No combat notoriety will be gained except if its related to game mode: injuring enemy money carriers/protectors
- The amount of notoriety received by combat actions has been increased.
- Stamina isn´t decreased so fast while jumping/sprinting/punching
- Dynamite kamikaze action is penalized and explosion radius minimal
- Players with zero notoriety can be team killed by their own teammates, without notoriety penalization
- Slightly decreased lateral speed (-15%)
- Increased forward speed (+15%)
- Decreased backwards speed (-20%)
- Increased sprint speed (+15%)
- Player Pain sound will play only in chest critical zone (damage x1.2)
- Pain Tolerance costs +5 notoriety.
- El Paso and Presidio supports new Few Dollars More game mode, and also Fistful of Dollars, however the seconds is disabled for the moment in these maps (will be enabled later)
- Number of crates/objectives decreased in El Paso and Presidio (Fistful of Dollars mode)
- Extended versions of Eliminator and Peligro: they allow more players, gameplay doesn´t change substantially however they won´t play exactly the same.
- Old versions of Peligro/Eliminator still exist as they are now in case they are needed for smaller servers (_lite versions)
- fof_revenge added, some brushwork of this map was made by Fenix.
- New .fgd file for mappers (include the latest changest regarding game modes)
- Fists punch animations are faster
- Bow reload is slower
- Coachgun reload is faster
- Thrown axe/knife is -20%/-10% slower, damage is nerfed too (knife 75->50, axe 150->100)
- XBow: arrows need a minimum time to explode, preventing to use this weapon in close range
- Dynamite stick: damage increased +25%
- Some HUD panels flashing / chat freezed when a player connects
- Game crashes when connecting to a server if resolution was changed previously without restarting the game.