Ferocious Battlefront, a brutal total conversion of Star Wars Battlefront's Galactic Civil War, here for your entertainment and enjoyment. Ships support with custom maps, everything's bigger, louder, more violent, and each fight is a challenge, Thanks to all the people who made this possible ! Big thanks to Gistech, Sereja, tirpider Unit 33 Astute Pandemic. Detailed and complete credits are in the mod's archive ;)
The promised release is finally here, it enhances the graphics, the effects, adds over 100 new sounds, adds new voice dubs for the marines,new models, rebalancement, semi canon events, new weapons, bugfixes,support for Galactic Conquest and Campaign (for now placeholder, the real campaign will come in 2018). If you loved the Open Beta release of two months ago, prepare to be amazed !
I decided to push the boundaries with this release, I added and modified over 50 000 lines of code in total, and added more than 100 sounds as stated in the summary, and since everything have been said, it is time for the instructions, but first of all :
I can't be held as responsible of any damage made to the game, your computer, or any nuclear war between North Korea and the rest of the world, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, and BACKUP YOUR BATTLEFRONT FILES.
1. Backup your files, as for now, no one hosts a ferocious battlefront server, so it won't work online unless the host has the patch, the best way is to simply make a copy of your _LVL_PC folder and revert to the original when playing online, or if you have some disk space, clone your game and use one for Ferocious, and the other one for online play.
2. Open the archive with your favorite program aka WinRar or 7Zip.
3. Go to your Battlefront install location (something like C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront)
4. Copy the GameData folder of contained in Ferocious.zip in to your folder (again C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront, or something else if you got it from steam)
5. Overwrite when asked UNLESS YOU HAVEN'T BACKUPED YOUR FILES.
6. ENJOY Battlefront as you never did before... ;)
Whenever you start the game, you will see some changes in the start screens that'll easily let you know you are on Ferocious, as an example, my Multiplayer menu is Infrared colored, and my custom logo will show up alongside a legal disclaimer.
Also, last but not least, the mod is bundled with SWBFSpy Battlefont, no panic, this have been added if someone decides to host Ferocious Battlefront online, it allows who launches it to play online without GameSpy, as for now it is unusable with Ferocious, but if it is I'll let you all know ;)
Here is the page of the project :
And also big thanks and thumbs up to swbfgamers.com, without them, nothing of this would've been possible :D
Special thanks to
Gistech, for the awesome assets provided to the modding community, his amazing 3D models (Vanilla Galactic Marines, New Stormtroopers, 70% of the weapons you'll see) and his help who allowed me to add custom sounds in game, I owe ya 10 beers man !
Sereja, for being the best modder of the SWBF community, and his Godlike assets and skillz (Most of the Galactic Marines's equipment, A180 and variants excluded)
Unit33, for graciously providing the V2.3's HUD
Tirpider, fot the Mandalorian Warrior model.
Harpic for handing me his computer when I needed to do some testing
And finally to my family and friends.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE !!!!!! HAVE AN AWESOME 2018 YEAR !!!!!!