This 7Zip archive contains all you need to host and play Exterminatus - Rival Species 2. Two Species: Humans and Tyranids. Thirteen distinct classes, each with their own weapons. Nine maps from the 41st millennium, each with their own missions and objectives.
This 7Zip archive contains all you need to host and play Exterminatus - Rival Species 2. Two playable species: Humans and Tyranids. Thirteen distinct classes, each with their own weapons. Nine maps from the 41st millennium, each with their own missions and objectives.
EX requires Steam and the Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer to be installed to run, both are free downloads with links from the EX manual ( 40ksource.com ).
Due to the large amount of content in this mod a single zip file can no-longer contain the full installation. For this Beta I am using 7zip a free compression utility to package EX in a single download. Extract the ex folder from the 7zip file into to your Steam/SteamApps/SourceMods folder. Restart your Steam and you should see Exterminatus - Beta 8.60 in your Games library.
Since the last Beta the following improvements have been made:
- Improved the texture on the capture objective model.
- Added a higher detail version of the square eagle prop.
- The server browser has been replaced with an embedded browser directed to the Steam Community group page where a list of known servers is maintained. It is shipped with a default of the IP address of the Testing server as it was at build time. Simply lookup the server address on the page, enter it and click connect. No more fussing about with the console to connect.
- New menu to include the Tutorial.
- Biovore can crouch to aim, this decreases the spread, but reduced the rate of fire.
- New console variable ex_leap_mode (0 or 1). The default (0) is to leap when Sprint AND Jump are pressed together. Some players reported an issue with the default behaviour and their controllers, so option 1 allows them to Leap by pressing Sprint OR Jump.
- New Plasmagun sounds from DontAsk4470
- New Plasma Pistol sound effect from DontAsk4470
- Updated textures on ex_orbital to use newer EX textures rather than generic Source ones and to use the new eagle prop .
- Updated textures on ex_ichar_iv to use newer EX textures rather than generic Source ones.
- Removed duplicate and redundant files from package.
- Improved lighting and added details to ex_lycantium.
- Added more details to ex_forge and restored the missing entities from previous build.
- Added more details and tweaked some particle systems on ex_ichar_iv.
- Added more details to ex_valley and updated some surfaces to use newer textures.
- Added the option to change teams to the Tutorial
- Added more details and improved the look of the Tutorial
- Main Menu has new button graphics.
- Tutorial has been prettified by adding some more details. Hopefully this will make a better first impression on new players.
- Forge maps have had more detailing added to the Tyanid and marine start rooms.
- Barbed strangler projectiles now do a limited amount of damage before self-destructing. Controlled by the server setting ex_bs_dmg_limit, which defaults to 56.
- Barbed strangler projectiles now extra damage when they first latch on to a victim. Controlled by server setting ex_bs_attach_dmg, which defaults to 21.
- The pulling strength of Barbed strangler projectiles has been buffed from 30 to 35.
- Spore mine particle effects have been shrunk to better reflect their area of effect and reduce particle clutter.
- Plasma weapon effects have been shrunk to better reflect their area of effect.
- Hide the main menu during map loading.
- made another attempt at getting the Class menu to go back to the Team menu when cancelling with the 0 or escape keys.
- Reverted the tyranid leap sound.
- Decreased the time it takes to capture a control point from 10 seconds to 7 seconds.
- Changed how the Warriors Venom Cannon reloads, should prevent those awkward "jams".
- Added a reload sound to Barbed Stranger weapon when it's projectile has been killed.
- New version of the tutorial, now with a working firing range.
- Modified the player speed limit to allow players to reach the maximum designed speed for their class (faster classes had been limited by some other bit of the SDK). If you noticed that some classes didn't get much of a boost from sprinting, this is why.
- Buffed the run speed of all classes by 30 units per second and sprint by 50 units per second.
- Increased the time it takes to capture a control point from 5 seconds to 7 seconds.
- Cancelling the wargear menu should now take you back to the class menu for your team.
- Higher detail and collisions models for prop_panel5 (bronzey thing with 2 vertical tanks).
- Plugged an exploit on city_conflict.
- Fixed missing Tyranid hoof sounds in version 8.50.
- Fixed missing Genestealer sounds in version 8.50.
- ex_valley, ex_ichar_iv, ex_tarsis_ultra and ex_city conflict have had potential exploits using the leap mechanic patched. Thanks to Desgusting Deviant for reporting them.
- Reduced the cost of the Veteran class from 150 to 75 points.
- Reduced the cost Warriors Venom Cannon wargear from 75 to 25 points.
- Reduced the cost of the Flamer by 5 points.
- Removed the damage ramping from Barbed Strangler.
- Increased the cost of Dreadnaught and Carnifex classes to make them even rarer.
- Increased the cost of Heavy and Terminator classes to make them rarer.
- Increased the cost of Dreadnaught and Carnifex classes to make them a LOT more rare.
- Increased the cost of Specialist, Veteran, Heavy, Terminator, Lictor and Zoanthrope classes to make them rarer.
- Increased the cost of the Carnifex Devourer Host by 25 points.
- Increased the cost of the Plasmagun by 5 points.
- Buffed the Dreadnaughts step and jump heights to prevent it sticking on terrain so much.
- Nerfed the Devourer damage from 27 to 26 per hit.
- Nerfed Barbed Strangler health from 50 to 25.
- Nerfed Barbed Strangler rate of fire, there is now a delay between the death of one BS and the availability of the next.