Excessive dawn (edawn) is a free Quake 3 Arena mod, with numerous improvements, both client and server side. Biggest feature is the fact you can tweak almost every single aspect of the game, from weapon behaviour to making your own mini gametypes. All powered by a tweaked netcode. Mod works with any Quake 3 version that uses QVM (quake virtual machine): vanilla Q3 Arena, open arena, ioquake3, whatever executable you might make yourselves..
This is improved client for playing Quake 3 Arena mods, introduces many fixes and improvements comparing to last official ID's 1.32c version and with just one little issue (no PB support).
* 64-bit support
* many security, performance and bug fixes
* much improved autocompletion (map, demo, exec and other commands)
* unlagged raw(win32) mouse input
* \in_minimize - hotkey for minimize/restore main window (direct replacement for Q3Minimizer)
* reduced CPU usage due to highly optimized and secure QVM (Quake Virtual Machine)
* reduced hunk memory usage for dedicated servers
* reduced zone memory usage, improved memory management
* per-pixel dynamic lights
* fast and high-quality bloom with reflections
* fast client downloads (native + http/ftp redirection)
* ALSA support