EvilStar is meant to be a sequel to Doom2, much like how Doom2 was a sequel to DooM. We plan to make 50+ levels in total (40 regular levels + 10 secret levels + some deathmatch and invasion levels).
The mod requires Skulltag (which can be downloaded here: Skulltag.com and OpenGL support due to the use of 3D Floors and Dynamic Lights).
The mod has been worked on for over 1 year now (or even 2, who remembers?), so far we have about 20 levels ready.
The mod is being developed by the ECCO team which consists of:
CKeen (me, mapper & decorate manager)
Omegamax (project leader, mapper)
DooM-ITA (mapper & scripts manager)
A new beta was released: It contains some new maps, bugfixes, new monsters, and stuff.
The main server is updated as well.
- Map23 was replaced by a completely new map (which is still in beta stage but it's much better than the old, crappy one)
- A small part of Map24 (also) can now be played. This map features a lot of puzzles, so it's not the typical frag fest map you're used to play, just so you know.
- Fixed those annoying bugs in map25 (Still haven't fixed the elevator yet, although you can use it by pressing the jump key while you're on it)
- The Hell Scorpion and the Serpent will STILL freeze the game in multiplayer. This has not been fixed yet but they do not appear in any level for this reason. I still have to figure out why they crash the game, because in single player they don't.
- Map45 is pretty much 70% easier to beat now.
- New sounds for Omegahax to make the whole thing even more retarded.
- Fixed the dormant imps/hell knights in map19.
And I forgot what else... Well, you can find out!
Finally after a long break we're beginning to work on this again. Below some things that are being worked on and that have been fixed.
Yeah! I have important news for those who follow us and those who hate us! We're not dead yet. We weere inactive for some time, but recently we started...
Hello, Galaxieretter just hosted a dedicated server to Evilstar so I would like to thank him for it. It is called Evil Star: Beyond Doom and you can find...
Someone complained about the fact Mediafire is not the best site to host the project since some people can't apparently download it. So I uploaded the...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.